Never understood the BSD hype

I’ve always viewed him more as great entertainment more then a great fighter ….that being said I thought he would win today

He has virtually no time. Lmao 28 "has some time" this is wild. There's a reason you see guys these days who went like 12-2 amateur starting at 15 and are 10-1 pro at 23. Because it takes a lot of time to develop a fighter and when issues in their game and weak points come up actually address them early and figure things out. At 28 with only 5 years MMA experience and 7 concussions later I'd say BSD is mostly out of time realistically.

I agree with all of your posts in this thread, but disagree strongly with the idea 28 is definitively too old.

That doesn't even make sense when we've seen shopworn veterans like Charles Oliveira turn his career round making massive strides since 28, and we're watching a guy like Dan Hooker potentially do something similar at the age of 34.

BSD might not be that good, but guys like Charles and Dan were going life and death with Paul Felder at Benoit's age or older, and they're doing fine.

I still believe in BSD. Time off and work, work, work on the weaknesses. It all might've been too much too soon but with time off to improve and heal, I think he can come back. Have him fight Sherdog's darling Kevin Lee.

He's been pushed to hard, too soon, too fast.

He obviously has heart, gritt, power and it teleported him in record time right in the top ten of one of the hardest divisions of the sport. Ended up hitting a wall in Poirier. Congedied his main coach and ate a second wall.

Time to take a good recovery time off and reconsider a lot of things.

I still believe he can climb up at the summit of the division but changes are obviously to be made.

Good luck to him.

It’s hard to fight like he did before once you lose. You lose that killer mentality and sometimes, you can’t perform the same ever again.

The UFC hedges their bets with these guys. They thought they had a star in the making. It was a good pick but alas, the fighter has to win.

I have nothing against BSD but it's always delightful when a UFC push falls flat.

No Joke that was the weirdest fight Ive ever seen.

It was damn near like he was paid to roll over.

He's not about that life. You're saying his claim to fame is shooting at defenseless villagers in africa ?

He was a SF fighting jihadists in the sahel ....

The kind of fuckers that did shoot defenseless villagers in Africa.

Last edited:
Yeah when @Substance Abuse said "midget Aldo" i was all:

giphy.gif
Stop making me like you, you motherfucker. I already told @StonedLemur you're a fucker and ex-mod

• Haha
Reactions: HHJ
Back