Benny the Jet Video

I'm about to do a highlight reel of him. Probably tonight. We'll see.

Thx man enjoyed it and lots of respect to a legend of kickboxing Benny "the jet" Urguidez !!!

Looking forward to the highlight :)

That was a wicked hip toss he used to that thai fighter...Im sure part of it was the guy not expecting top defend a throw also.

Sweet! Thanks! Benny is the fucking man!

Evil Eyegouger has argued with many people about whether TMAs include elbows and knees. I think Benny summarized it well when he got in that first Thai match. He had never felt anything like it before. He had, of course, trained it (thus proving Evil Eyegouger correct), but never seen it used in competition.

Didn't Benny fight Diesel Noi to a "draw". He then went on to claim he had won under full MT rules, which he didn't. The match was the same watered down "full-contact" crap we now enjoy from ISKA.

Benny was a great fighter, but he didn't beat the best thai fighters at their own game.

Right. I agree that the guy was a great fighter but as you said, he didn't beat the thais at their own game. And his record is bogus. I mean come on, undefeated? I've seen a match where he couldn't answer the bell after the second round due to knees.

Benny was a great fighter, but he didn't beat the best thai fighters at their own game

exactly. this is what i have been saying all along. some people just won't accept it!

And his record is bogus. I mean come on, undefeated? I've seen a match where he couldn't answer the bell after the second round due to knees.

His record actually isn't bogus, the ONE fight that was entirely in-question where his opponent (I forget the dude's name), claimed he won, there was confusion as to what rules the match was under and how it was promoted. Benny argued to officials that it was an exhibition and not a regulation, sanctioned bout, therefore it shouldn't count against his record. One thing I don't like about Benny is that he was VERY used to getting his way and would bitch until the end of time until it happened. But, that being said, it's not like he ILLIGITIMATELY creamed Champions in other countries. That much, as well as the amount of wins on his record, aside from the one argued match against it, are for real.

It's coming, I just picked a particularly long song. And I have to work all day today and the day shift tomorrow, so it might not be done until tomorrow night.

EDIT** - I should be able to finish and upload it this evening when I get home, worked on it some this morning and there's not a whole lot left to do.

Very nice. That spinning back kick was beuuuteeful. Looking forward to the HL reel. Ba Ba Ba Benny and the Jetssss....

Back