News Beneil Dariush reveals he asked to fight Arman Tsarukyan after Oliveira pulled out of UFC 288

AMAZINGUFC

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Beneil Dariush wanted to remain on the UFC 288 card and had an opponent in mind.

Beneil-Dariush-Arman-Tsarukyan.jpg

Dariush had hoped to face Charles Oliveira at March’s pay-per-view event, but the fight wasn’t booked until UFC 288 in May. However, just under a month out, it was revealed Oliveira had suffered a minor injury and the fight would be pushed back to UFC 289 in June.

Yet, before the fight was postponed, Dariush had a meeting with promotional officials and asked to face Arman Tsarukyan at UFC 288 so he could remain on the card. Unfortunately, the UFC wasn’t interested in that fight and wanted to keep the bout with Oliveira intact.

“Yes. So, I didn’t know at the time that Moicano was out. But, when I walked into the UFC office I think it was on a Wednesday, I was trying to figure out how to make this happen,” Dariush said to Just Scrap Radio on BJPENN.com. “At the time, I was three-and-a-half weeks out from my fight. I was talking to the UFC and they said they were going to have to push us back. At this point, I was like ‘why not just give me a title shot? I’ve proven myself to be a number one contender.’ They disagreed. So, one of the things I said, was I wanted to stay on the May 6 card and why don’t you get someone to fight Moicano and I’ll fight Arman Tsarukyan.

“They were a little bit surprised by that when I said that but they thought about it and didn’t go in that direction either. Obviously, my manager and my coaches were not happy with me saying that stuff,” Dariush continued. “He told me before we went into the meeting, please don’t say anything. But, at that time I was super frustrated so I brought it up.”

Ultimately, Tsarukyan also never received a replacement for Moicano and will now fight unranked Joaquim Silva on June 17. As for Dariush, he is set to face Charles Oliveira at UFC 289, and should he win, it is expected he will finally secure a title shot.

JUST ONE WORD:
A TRUE MAN !

OR,

AS BRAZILIANS SAY,
A "CABRA-MACHO"!

Love both guys and the fight makes sense for neither of them at this point

Dariush vs Tsarukyan is one of those fights that appeases only to the hardcores. The UFC would never book that fight with title implications, which is sad because those are the two guys who have the best chance at dethroning the champ, and both of them deserve it more than anyone else in the division

He already talked about this in interviews a month ago when it happened. Beneil is as candid as can be.
Probably why Dana is pulling the “We’ll see how the fight goes” bullshit.

As an old school sports fan, and competitor in many sports. The way the UFC have jerked around Edwards, Belal, and Benny is frustrating as hell. This Colby crap is too fucking much.

I love the sport, and it is a sport. So these fucks need to treat it like a sport. With the 500K guarantee from ESPN. Why can’t the UFC be legit with TS?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geezo75
Back