Benavidez on TJ: "I'm surprised it took them that long for him to get caught."

I have to agree that this isn't a good look for their team. I would pass on making such comments publicly. They hate him and want to make him look even worse but it's not worth it and could backfire. Good topic for some pundits to talk about.

He's talking about longevity in competition.

Reflexes matter a lot more at lighter weights. You generally only see guys in their late 30s and 40s competing at the highest level at heavier weight classes in combat sports.
Nah i think it is linked and i dont agree. Only big people who had any longevity in MMA has been on steroids and testo for most of their career and they can not be used in the equation for what is avarage.

"It's not like you're getting suspended for the year." (1:10) It certainly is! A two year suspension includes that first year.

These TAM fighter are only making themselves look bad by showing they knew about the EPO

Naw. Realistically, people training with him regularly would know about that. It would sound suspicious and make them look bad if they said they didn't know.

Perhaps you think they look bad because you equate knowing and endorsing? Maybe you could make a case for that: they didn't give him the boot. But then, has any gym ever done that to anyone for juicing?

I think you got things wrong. Lighter fighters have longer longevity than bigger ones. Just like shorter and lighter people live longer than tall and heavy people.

"Findings based on millions of deaths suggest that shorter, smaller bodies have lower death rates and fewer diet-related chronic diseases, especially past middle age. Shorter people also appear to have longer average lifespans. The authors suggest that the differences in longevity between the sexes is due to their height differences because men average about 8.0% taller than women and have a 7.9% lower life expectancy at birth."
<TrumpWrong1>

Lower weight classes depend on speed and reflexes to succeed. Those are the first attributes that are lost the older you get.

Last edited:
"It's not like you're getting suspended for the year." (1:10) It certainly is! A two year suspension includes that first year.
From the context, he means in terms of money. He got the money from the Cejudo fight, which is presumably good enough for the whole year.

These TAM fighter are only making themselves look bad by showing they knew about the EPO
It only takes 1 person for shit to get out amongst the masses so it can be known.

Damn talk about throwing someone under the bus.

I thought TJ was Joes boy.

From the context, he means in terms of money. He got the money from the Cejudo fight, which is presumably good enough for the whole year.

Then it is (financially) like him getting suspended one year! :p

I have to agree that this isn't a good look for their team. I would pass on making such comments publicly. They hate him and want to make him look even worse but it's not worth it and could backfire. Good topic for some pundits to talk about.

I don’t think it’s classy to say it’s okay for him to cheat when he was their friend.

But now that they hate him they all throw him under the bus.

I don't get the whole everyone else was doing it thing. Im sure there was a few guys but people are acting like the whole gym was on them. Haven't you ever seen a co worker do somthing stupid and you just turned the other cheek and ignored them??

I think you got things wrong. Lighter fighters have longer longevity than bigger ones. Just like shorter and lighter people live longer than tall and heavy people.

"Findings based on millions of deaths suggest that shorter, smaller bodies have lower death rates and fewer diet-related chronic diseases, especially past middle age. Shorter people also appear to have longer average lifespans. The authors suggest that the differences in longevity between the sexes is due to their height differences because men average about 8.0% taller than women and have a 7.9% lower life expectancy at birth."

Not in terms of fighting.

It's generally only the heavier weights that can continue into their 40s because power is the last thing to go and speed is less important.

At 125/135lbs speed and reactions are the most important thing so once they're gone and you can't really rely on power you're done. If you look at the average age of the divsions the lighter a weight class generally the younger the fighters.

HW is by faaar the oldest weightclass.

I don't get the whole everyone else was doing it thing. Im sure there was a few guys but people are acting like the whole gym was on them. Haven't you ever seen a co worker do somthing stupid and you just turned the other cheek and ignored them??

If you ask most fighters what % of UFC athletes are on PED's the figure generally seems to be 90%+.

Joe go fuck your fine ass wife, avoid discussing the TJ debacle. Be the bigger man for once

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back