• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

International Ben Shapiro gets embarrassed by FACTS and LOGIC and has to flee BBC interview.

He brought up a bunch of redacted tweets from a decade or so ago. But you heard only what you wanted to hear.

I wanted to hear the interviewer ask questions to which the interviewee responds, and yes I got that but too bad it lasted for about 4 minutes at which point Shapiro enters the "BIAS! RADICAL!" mode.

I rarely watch the guy because I don't think he's interesting, but someone made a thread with him debating some college kid, and it was embarrassing how he kept trying to slip in irrelevant bits of information designed to display erudition while he was making a completely circular argument.
Lol you watch all of Ben's material. You aren't fooling nobody.

Well yes, in the British sense of the word since their right wingers identify as "liberal" in the sense that they believe in a liberalized, or deregulated, economy.

The right in the UK is further left than the Democrat party in the US imo.

It's a major fuck up when you are arguing.

Specially when this guy is considered one of the "best" arguers....How in the fuck can he be the best when he forgot what he was talking about?....This is amateur shit from a so called PRO, he was so emotional he forgot wtf he was talking about.

This is the equivalent of a pro boxer getting caught by the sloppiest/most telegraph punch of all time.

If THAT is as heavy as you see it that that’s on you.

If THAT is as heavy as you see it that that’s on you.
Perhaps its just me but I think if you pointed that out to Shapiro while the debate was on going, he would get rustled and it would make him look bad.

Here’s the difference between Ben and leftist sissies (like yourself). Ben tweeted shortly after that he acknowledged he lost his cool.

So you can go melt away with you “snowflake” comment.
<45>

I think you must of not lived before 2017......Before that, the Alt-right was much more than White nationalist, it was almost like an anti neo-con/Mainstream republican movement.... It was much more than White Nationalism...Of course racism was always at the center, and it later showed, however, not all the people who were agreeing with some Alt-Right views and who were for the movement were white nationalist.

The alt-right was never white nationalist. The fact its now seen that way is pretty pathetic. I supposed once you have guys like Richard Spencer claiming to be alt-right you're fucked, because racists can be right leaning but if they're left leaning its okay.

The alt-right was never white nationalist. The fact its now seen that way is pretty pathetic. I supposed once you have guys like Richard Spencer claiming to be alt-right you're fucked, because racists can be right leaning but if they're left leaning its okay.
The Alt-Right from my point of view was a movement against the Neo-Con/Mainstream Republicans...That's why they were behind Trump, who advertised himself as not being a typical mainstream republican.

Now, there were racist within the group, no doubt about it, but there was also some people who weren't racist but were part of this movement because they were tired of Neo-Con republicans.

What truly fucked over the alt-right was charlottesville, after that, the term Alt-right was fucked.

cool. Ben certainly got emotional and defensive. This other guy kept it together pretty well, he had his agenda prepared and kept throwing punches. Ben was blinded by emotion and misread the mans intentions... ... so what...

To dumb people, Shapiro wildly and shamelessly engaging in straw man arguments and misrepresenting moral arguments as "facts" and "science" (see his response to AOC saying that fetal heartbeats are detected within the first six weeks of pregnancy and therefore well-within the normal time for a woman with irregular periods to not know she's pregnant, in which he said she didn't know "science" which and that science says that conflating a late period with killlig a child is morally repugnant [LOL]) seems like winning arguments because they're too stupid to know how arguments work.

Not going to quote it because the argument was spread out in a longer piece, but I read a piece a while back that this reminds me of. A teacher had a plate that faced a radiator and he had students come and feel it. The side facing it was cool and the opposite side was hot. He asked them why. They guessed "conduction" or "convection." Basically, they had no clue and were trying to guess the teacher's magic word. Might as well have been saying "magic" or "God."

Then the same piece advances to mention the X-Men. By using "evolution" and "mutation" in their explanations for the powers, they're treating science as a literary genre, but obviously it doesn't relate to the real scientific understanding of those things.

That's the kind of "science" that we see from people like Shapiro--not an attempt to understand underlying phenomena with scientific processes, but fitting dogma into the literary genre of science. To cite the most obvious problem, a real scientific dispute leads to competing expectations about what will or can't happen. But that doesn't exist in the abortion "debate" or in the one I alluded to earlier, which was about transgendered people (which really is about how to treat them but which Shapiro presented as being about "science"--it being "unscientific" to behave decently and respectfully toward them).

cool. Ben certainly got emotional and defensive. This other guy kept it together pretty well, he had his agenda prepared and kept throwing punches. Ben was blinded by emotion and misread the mans intentions... ... so what...

The "agenda" was to ask basic questions in order to inform the audience. Besides certain aspects of name calling, Neil and Shapiro agree on most issues.

If Shapiro gets this flustered talking about all of the toxic shit that he's spent years peddling, then he has no business going around and trying to be an arbiter of civility in US politics. He's not any better than the stereotypical, hysterical blue-haired feminist that he's been straw-manning for a paycheck these past several years.

If anything, this makes the US media look absolutely terrible. Shapiro should have been challenged like this on a US network years ago instead of having this type of pablum written about him:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/23/us/ben-shapiro-conservative.html

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, where would he fall on the American spectrum?

From what I gather, Ben was invited on to discuss his book and got caught with his pants down. The guy brought up things Ben wrote about several years ago, and he was unprepared to accurately defend them.
Whether they are defensible is a separate issue. I haven’t read his book and won’t—but if his premise is there is too much hate in politics, he needs to reflect on his smugness.
I would still say he would be on the right. He supported the Iraq War and is a climate skeptic. The primary difference between British and American right wingers is their social conservatism. Americans are much more religious so the right here cares a lot more about things like abortion and I don't think its a coincidence that it was this issue that Neil was pushing Shapiro on.

Its almost like British right wingers are trying to tell their American counterparts, "stop focusing on trannies and abortion and let's just focus on imperialism and neoliberalism"

Facts and logic man is back in the safe space of his private studio talking shit.

Note that in this clip the so-called "demolition" consisted of Shapiro quoting two hack National Review writers and calling the Dems "stupid."

I would still say he would be on the right. He supported the Iraq War and is a climate skeptic. The primary difference between British and American right wingers is their social conservatism.

British right-wingers often want to weaken National Health, but they aren't professing anything like the mainstream GOP view, which seems very significant to me, though Republicans also don't like to promote their own position on it much here...

i69U0xJ.jpg

Lmao the bbc dude called him a 'Culture War Warrior' bunch of fucking CWWs the alt right.

Poor Ben, got embarrassed on the biggest news network.

He's not too bright or level headed when up against experienced and well respected journalists asking testing questions.
But does well against young college kids who don't know better or those morons on CNN.

Ironic when Neil brought up facts Shapiro got emotional with his feelings and left like a raging snowflake.

He should stick to the minor leagues of media within realms of the internet since he's not up for it on the big stage.

LOL...let's break this down where this get's silly

"It would seem that progressives are out of new ideas? Why are all the new ideas only coming from the left?"

- ben shapiro "what? Uh no. Conservatives have new ideas as well, and a idea is not good just because it's new..."

"Some of the ideas on YOUR side of the politics would seem to take us back to the dark ages (psst that's an opinion). Georgia, a woman who miscarries can get 30 years! A Georgian woman who travels to another state for an abortion procedure could get TEN years!? These are extreme hard policies!"

- ben shapiro "So wait are you bias?"

"No! I'm not taking a view in this. I'm just asking questions..."

Lol.

I thought the British were masters of the English language? If he wanted to simply ask about the abortion laws in Georgia then do so without adding in the dramatic "brings us back to the dark ages!", opinion piece attached to it.

Best not to draw lines in the sand either with stating shit like "YOUR side of politics." If your goal is to try and stay impartial.
Yeah, I think a lot of people in here who buy the cheap headline probably didn't even watch the interview. Ben nailed him for his dubious line of questioning early on, there, and rightly so.

This is all just British sneering over Israel.

Back