Ben Rothwell ranked 7th by Sherdog?!?!?

You deserve a lifetime x 3 ban for that post.

Anyway... yeah. Rothwell should be ranked higher. He's probably right behind Werdum, Velasquez and Miocic nowadays.

Also, rankings do matter.

Was Benjamin Franklin "ranked" when he discovered America? Hell no.
I say give every unranked fighter a title shot at UFC 200. MAKE IT HAPPEN DANA !!!

Did you mean "Cristoforo Colombo"? lol you're on a roll today...

These latest rankings by Sherdog are a fucking JOKE.

Explain to me again why someone who lost his last fight and hasn't won a fight in almost 3 years is the number 2 ranked fighter?

or why Stipe Miocic who is on a 2 fight win streak is ahead of Rothwell?

Or why Overeem, who got KNOCKED OUT COLD by Rothwell and has less consecutive wins than Rothwell is ranked ahead of him?

Bogus.

Rothwell should be number 2. End of story.

He was trying to get up while on all fours when the fight was stopped... watch fights, dont google.

images

Ben%2BRothwell%2BKnockouts%2BAlistair%2BOvereem%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B50.gif

K1 Rothwell is number 1

"KNOCKED OUT COLD"

No, he wasn't. It wasn't even a KO.

There's a difference between a TKO and a KO.

Ben should have been fighting then like he is now.

For starter, he gets choked out by ManBearPig.

He then goes on to fight one more in the year.

And in the next 2 years, he only fights once more each year.

Fighters like Reem have the right idea fighting 2 or 3 times a year. One can easily see how they could jump Rothwell in the rankings. Cerrone recently leap frogged fighters just by staying active and winning.

Fighting once a year isn't going to do it. He needs to be much more active. Props to him for realizing that now.

"KNOCKED OUT COLD"

No, he wasn't. It wasn't even a KO.

There's a difference between a TKO and a KO.

Ben should have been fighting then like he is now.

For starter, he gets choked out by ManBearPig.

He then goes on to fight one more in the year.

And in the next 2 years, he only fights once more each year.

Fighters like Reem have the right idea fighting 2 or 3 times a year. One can easily see how they could jump Rothwell in the rankings. Cerrone recently leap frogged fighters just by staying active and winning.

Fighting once a year isn't going to do it. He needs to be much more active. Props to him for realizing that now.

overeem moved up because he is overeem and a name. not because rankings make sense

if rothwell was ko'd by bigfoot, browne and rothwell he would be kicked out of the ufc

overeem moved up because he is overeem and a name. not because rankings make sense

It was said even before he fought JDS that "anyone who beats Junior has a golden ticket to a title shot".

JDS has wins over the only two other people ranked above him. It's a huge deal to beat Dos Santos and to do it convincingly.

It's just something to look at bro. Not to be taken seriously.

if rothwell was ko'd by bigfoot, browne and rothwell he would be kicked out of the ufc

How is he supposed to fight himself? Not everyone is buying the evil laugh and wanting to prop dress for UFC fights bullshit. His best win in the UFC is against Overeem. He proceeded to take his time to fight while going through his antics and let Reem beat Struve(by KO), Country, and tko JDS. I personally think Struve, Country, and JDS is better than his win over Overeem, Mitrione, and Barnett. If you want to talk about streaks, didnt he piss hot and be suspended a year after Vera... a LHW? Just stop.

How is he supposed to fight himself? Not everyone is buying the evil laugh and wanting to prop dress for UFC fights bullshit. His best win in the UFC is against Overeem. He proceeded to take his time to fight while going through his antics and let Reem beat Struve(by KO), Country, and tko JDS. I personally think Struve, Country, and JDS is better than his win over Overeem, Mitrione, and Barnett. If you want to talk about streaks, didnt he piss hot and be suspended a year after Vera... a LHW? Just stop.

all you are doing to continuing your bias against rothwell.

Rothwell is 6-3 in the UFC. Overeem is 5-3 in the UFC. Rothwell has been fighting in the UFC a full 2 years before Overeem came. He's not active, and learned late what propels you through the ranks.

To be clear -- your rankings don't matter.

The official UFC ones, those at least have some claim at real relevancy
I mean, they literally do. But most who have seen mine agree they're better.

Rothwell is 6-3 in the UFC. Overeem is 5-3 in the UFC. Rothwell has been fighting in the UFC a full 2 years before Overeem came. He's not active, and learned late what propels you through the ranks.

rothwell would not have the chance to regain his ranking like reem did if he was finished by bigfoot and browne

Im giving my opinion just like you are.

If reem beat jds, and that makes reem so great, and reem beat roy nelson....

Well rothwell beat Barnett who also beat nelson. he also Ko'd reem who just beat JDS. Rothwell is obviously the more deserving fighter, if he beats jds no one else deserves it more.

If reem beat jds, and that makes reem so great, and reem beat roy nelson....

Well rothwell beat Barnett who also beat nelson. he also Ko'd reem who just beat JDS. Rothwell is obviously the more deserving fighter, if he beats jds no one else deserves it more.

We have found common ground!

Back