Ben Henderson vs Thiago Alves at UFC Korea

I knew Alves wasn't serious about 155...

Bendo UD

Just announced , will be fighting at the Korea card. Probably a Co-Main event. Which means 3 round 170 Benson and 3 round Alves. Should be a fantastic fight. :D

Who wins?

CORRECTION: Its the headliner 5 rounds.

Hmmm now that it's the headliner I'd def favor Bendo. That said I wouldn't count out Alves at all.

Bendo by decision most likely. Not crazy about this match up, they should have done Dong vs Bendo and Masvidal vs Alves. Imagine the grappling exchanges in the Henderson Kim fight and striking exchanges in Alves-Masvidal??

Ben Henderson wins the first round. But he got not the tools to stop Thiago in one round. After Thiago got his timing down, he will take over in the 2nd round. Winning by points or late TKO.

I knew Alves wasn't serious about 155...

Bendo UD

This fight should tell Alves if he should bother to cut down. Granted fighting 170lb Bendo is different then fighting 155lb Bendo, it's still a pretty clear indication type fight for Alves.

If Alves can win this fight without having to rely a majority of the time on his size, then he could be a challenge to the top guys in that division.

It's impossible for his weight and frame not to have an impact on Bendo's ability to get him down. Alves at 155lb won't have the same stopping power in regards to takedowns.

Back