• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rumored Ben Askren Out Of Retirement Set To Box Jake Paul

Shame we didn't get to see the odds on Amanda Nunes vs Jake Paul. I'd bet the bookies would have given her a much better chance than Askren.

Askren is going to win. I know sherdog hates him, but the fact is is that he never tried to improve his standup. He was always focused on his wrestling. Give him a couple of months training only boxing and he kicks the shit out of Paul.
i want to believe that this is the real Lord Chael

Ben is gonna sold big part of his credibility
for a few dollars more...

I cant see this going any way other than an ugly clinchfest initiated by Askren. With Paul winning a decision because he will at least be trying to box. Money made by all, regardless.

Askren said Boxing is easy. He is right. It is easy for Jake Paul when he is in the ring with you.

Askren is going to win. I know sherdog hates him, but the fact is is that he never tried to improve his standup. He was always focused on his wrestling. Give him a couple of months training only boxing and he kicks the shit out of Paul.
Lol

If I had to box Ben Askren I would not be very worried. I trained at boxing clubs for a few years and did a little light sparring here and there but I never had an actual fight. Where I would not rank my skills very highly I know that he does not have the skills to hurt me. His boxing skills and power are the absolute worst I have seen in mma.

How do you figure?

Ben has arguably the worst striking in MMA (made Maia look good on the feet) and is out of shape coming off hip replacement surgery.

Jake Paul is bigger, younger, faster, and has legitimately been training boxing seriously for 3 years.

Askren isn’t going to overcome the physical advantage let alone the legitimate boxing experience with a “couple months training boxing”.
I agree with everything you just said except for the part of him makin Maia look good on the feet. He was actually getting the better of Maia on the feet to my utter amazement.

Hard to believe jake was boxing up gsp and was close to actually winning
First of all the only reason Jake was doing well boxing was his eyepoking. Second Jake looked really awkward boxing but it wasn't as bad as people say. He would absolutely destroy Askren in a boxing match. Beat him grappling too.

Paul should try boxing Anthony Jonson, Adelsanya, or Thiago Santos.

Rakic or Oezdemir would make a statement on him.

Your dumbass should get into management. Save some fighter's careers.
Imagine defending a poor decision making bum like Askren lol. Have fun with that. Lol

He'd get disqualified for that.
Jake already has been dedicated to boxing for years, no chance he closes the gap in a few months.

I'm betting on Jake at those odds, thats good value.
Honestly what has Ben going for him?
He is old but doesn't even have the experience edge that normally compensates a bit for age.
Athleticism edge definitely goes to Jake by a large margin.
Jake is bigger, taller and longer reach.
Dodgy hip.
Was brutally KOed in his last fight so his chin could already be cracked.

Best he can really hope for is to survive, can't see how he wins.

{<jordan}

He's gonna embarrass our sport isn't he...
giphy.gif

YyslyNA.jpg

BitterMeekIvorybackedwoodswallow-max-1mb.gif

tenor.gif

For fuck sake is this official? He's genuinely the last person in MMA I wanted to rake this fight, I'd even take CM Punk over Askren in a boxing match and that's saying something. He's going to get his fucking arse whooped.

Back