Ben Askren fading into obscuriety.

BrazilPitbullUS

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Not a fan of Askren, enjoyed him being exposed by Luis Santos. He talked his way into being a slightly important mma fighter and he's done nothing to back up all the shit he's talked. Seems like a real dick, claimed Santos was looking for a way out of the fight when he clearly poked "Sapo" in the eyes... Apparently he's found his next fight, here's the v

Not a fan of Askren, enjoyed him being exposed by Luis Santos. He talked his way into being a slightly important mma fighter and he's done nothing to back up all the shit he's talked. Seems like a real dick, claimed Santos was looking for a way out of the fight when he clearly poked "Sapo" in the eyes... Apparently he's found his next fight, here's the v

It's sad for sure. But I've learned to live with it. Not a guy that was ever going to be a big draw. Just sad to see guys like Bibi, Aoki, and Askren stuck over their crushing everyone and not being able to test themselves.

But hopefully they are making enough money to make that decision worth it.

he pretty much dug himself a bit of a hole but maybe the ufc signs him
his last performance wasnt strong but he built up some twitter beef idk

maybe that onefc paper is long who knows

Let's just say his last performance really didn't help his case. At the end of the day it's his choice, if he is happy with what he get's in OneFC so be it, but he needs to accept the fact that he will never go down as the greatest.

I never was high on him like some people were/are.

His last fight told us a lot about where he's at. The top ten in UFC make him look bad.

Obscuriety? Is that some bizarre cross between obscurity and notoriety? Come to think of it, I think that describes Ben pretty well.

He didn't sign with One to be popular and Sapo hardly exposed him in that fight. He was never a name casual fans knew anyway.

Hopefully One has the money to book him again this year and he rematches his last opponent.

It's hilarious when people were calling him the best welterweight in the world and then he went on to struggle with Luis "Sapo" Santos.

It's also hilarious when people were saying how much of a "dream match" Askren vs. Shields would've been. Seriously? 2 extremely boring wrestlers with horrible stand up don't really make for a "dream match" as they would both cancel each other out and a stand up battle between them 2 isn't something I want to exactly live to see.

It's hilarious when people were calling him the best welterweight in the world and then he went on to struggle with Luis "Sapo" Santos.

It's also hilarious when people were saying how much of a "dream match" Askren vs. Shields would've been. Seriously? 2 extremely boring wrestlers with horrible stand up don't really make for a "dream match" as they would both cancel each other out and a stand up battle between them 2 isn't something I want to exactly live to see.

It was hilarious even after having such a hard time with Jay Hieron, or even Lyman Good. MMA is about being able to deal with different styles. Luis Santos just confirmed Askren limitations.

Shields-Askren would definitely be a dream match. Just to watch them train together is a thing of beauty.

Lol @ "exposed", the last fight was like 2 minutes long you fucks.

It's sad for sure. But I've learned to live with it. Not a guy that was ever going to be a big draw. Just sad to see guys like Bibi, Aoki, and Askren stuck over their crushing everyone and not being able to test themselves.

But hopefully they are making enough money to make that decision worth it.

None of them are stuck there. They all chose not to sign with the UFC for whatever they were being offered.

Askren made the current Bellator champion looks like a total amateur, that fight was a complete rape, Koreschkov did not land anything and Askren made him quit.

He has a boring style but he is legit, and would walk into the UFC top 5 easily. People here are thinking that Condit, Lawler, Woodley are on another level than Askren? He would be competitive.

UFC didnt want him so he took the most money, he talks shit about Hendricks and UFC and Dana and others to keep his name in the spotlight cause if he didnt people would forget about him.

Then he goes out and struggles with a guy who isnt rankd in the top 50, not that he was exposed but for a guy who claims he is the best in the world he shouldnt be struggling vs these guys.

It is what it is, maybe after a few more fights when his deal is up they look to sign him but I dont think UFC will. Well maybe they would offer him a deal but with Reebok they'd have to pay him more and give him PPV points and I dont think they do that so he either stays in oneFC or goes back to Bellator.

Back