beltran: "i wanna fight thiago silva"

After Silva got leaned on for most of his fight with Nedkov, and considering Beltran's gameplan against Igor, I can imagine why, hah.

Think he's got a decent chance, too.
Joey is strong and pretty good in the clinch, and Silva was waaay too content to have his back against the cage against Nedkov (not to mention he still backs straight up).

He's better then Beltran everywhere but like Alves his defence relies on putting his hands up and weathering the storm which makes it very easy to pressure and clinch with them.

Haha!

I like it for a Thiago return, Thiago would kill him.

Why? He looked pretty bad against Nedkov.

I have Beltran as one of the least skilled fighters in the UFC.

He is neither fast or strong enough to stop Silva from dragging him down. And once the fight hits the mat I think Silva would destroy him.

It'd be interesting.

Beltran has pretty good TDD and Thiago's strong point is his GnP.

Also, Thiago seems to get knocked down in every fight and Beltran is an iron chin so there's that too.

Lol. Beltran has zero takedown defense.
I don't like Thiago either, but he's much better than Beltran.

After Silva got leaned on for most of his fight with Nedkov, and considering Beltran's gameplan against Igor, I can imagine why, hah.

Think he's got a decent chance, too.
Joey is strong and pretty good in the clinch, and Silva was waaay too content to have his back against the cage against Nedkov (not to mention he still backs straight up).

Yep, I think he saw what Nedkov was doing and figures he could do it better. It might actually be a winnable fight for him, although I think his fight with Igor would have been a lot different if Igor hadn't kept initiating clinches.

He'd probably beat up Thiago Silva. Good call.

Thiago has looked mediocre against Nedkov before Nedkov gassed and turned Pudz type purple.
Wouldn't be shocked at all if Beltran won this.

tumblr_m9el0y43Ol1ry0ulbo1_500.gif

Are you trolling? :rolleyes:

Thiago would DESTROY, yes DESTROY him in the first.

I've rolled with the guy and... this wouldn't be a good fight for him.

Back