Belt Restrictions in the Heavy Weights Forum

solidsnakebite

**LOVABLE RASCAL**
@Black
Reaction score
I am here every day, at least 5-9 hours (while at work) and I see so many pointless threads, many of which are just

i have never heard a mod/admins take on this, and i wouid be very interested to

These ideas have brought up over and over again. No thread starting for white belts, one thread per day for white belts, limited posts per day for white belts, etc. They aren't gonna change it.

You have to also consider the technical efforts required to make these restrictions. I have never managed a vBulletin forum, but if you factor in the time, potential glitches, abuses, outcry etc... then it may not be worth it.

You have to also consider the technical efforts required to make these restrictions. I have never managed a vBulletin forum, but if you factor in the time, potential glitches, abuses, outcry etc... then it may not be worth it.

its not. i run a forum along with a couple other sherdog posters and its a bitch to set up a lot of things like that. you have to assign certain rights/lack of rights to a group and put every one in that group, and with so many people registering its just not practical.

so TS, i highly doubt you will get your wish. although by going plantnum you gain access to the plat only forum which has some good serious discussion.

its not. i run a forum along with a couple other sherdog posters and its a bitch to set up a lot of things like that. you have to assign certain rights/lack of rights to a group and put every one in that group, and with so many people registering its just not practical.

so TS, i highly doubt you will get your wish. although by going plantnum you gain access to the plat only forum which has some good serious discussion.

Cool. thats all I was wondering. I can def live without.

It's difficult to implement, open to exploitation, would pressure posters to post-whore, and would be a big turn-off to new members.

Keep in mind we also have many pro fighters and promoters who have very little posts.

Also, for every 10 worthless cumbelts we get, we get 1 that really wants to learn and ask questions.

When I joined years ago, I was full of questions and the member were glad to answer. Granted, that was 5 years ago and the member population has swayed from helpful to harmful since then. Even though, you should still be allowed the opportunity to learn.

I really consider myself a VERY knowledgeble person when it comes to MMA, a large part of that was me starting threads and asking questions in the begining.

Back