Bellator's 3 part 'Rampage4Real' series debuts tonight on Spike TV 11pm et DISCUSSION

Maybe they wanted more of the frat boy stuff with this like tuf.

Rampage on the other hand we're seeing him skip practices and eat pizza and get drunk 3 weeks before his fight.

It's not three weeks out from the fight. This was filmed a while ago. The English guy mentioned they were just starting 'pre-camp' when Rampage was screwing around and eating like garbage. Most camps are 8-12 weeks, so if they are in 'pre-camp' that means they are at least nine weeks out, probably more. Rampage mentioned before the club scene that this was the last time he was going to the club for three months, so that puts it closer to 12 weeks.

Either way, it's not good Rampage is skipping practices and cheating on his diet, but this is how he has been his entire career. He won a championship acting the same way. He always gets out of shape between fights and is notorious for slacking off in the gym unless someone constantly rides his ass. That's nothing new.

Bjorn "We brought in Rampage hoping to get the Rampage from ten years ago"

Then we get an entire episode of Rampage not taking his training seriously at all. Good luck getting the Rampage from earlier this year.

This is the Rampage from ten years ago. He has always blown off training and eaten like shit. Juanito Ibarra used to talk about how he would have to babysit Rampage like a child to get him to put in the work, and Juanito was his coach during Rampage's absolute peak. This behavior is nothing new. Rampage has always hated training and dieting.

Are they trying to paint him like a heel or something? He comes across as a lazy, shiftless dummy who just got lucky because of his genetics and natural ability. He'd better keep fighting or doing movies else he's going to be broke in 3 years. No wonder why he has so many illegitimate children.

this is not the way to create stars. It reminds me in the old days of MMA when people were trying to get AWAY from this image of MMA fighters as unprofessional, stupid toughmen.

Anybody have more info on the bodyguard? I need her as my bodyguard for a day or two.

By the way, is this not the worst reality show in history? I know most are staged but damn, it just looked so obvious.

Is Bellator trying to make people lose the little interest they have in this fight?

This seems to be the feedback from the show.

Mike Chiappetta MMA ‏@MikeChiappetta 4h

Watched Rampage 4 Real. No way it would inspire people to buy his fight. At least it didn't hide his disinterest in training.

FightOpinion ‏@FightOpinion 10h

If that Rampage 4 Real show was meant to sell Bellator PPVs, what a disastrous idea of pushing the angle of not training.

I think they're counting on people watching all 3 parts. The idea is to show Rampage getting serious throughout the 3 episodes and going from lazy to hungry to fight. I just don't think it works if you miss the other 2 episodes.

I think they're counting on people watching all 3 parts. The idea is to show Rampage getting serious throughout the 3 episodes and going from lazy to hungry to fight. I just don't think it works if you miss the other 2 episodes.

You are probably correct. They are going to contrive some epiphany Rampage has during his training where he becomes super motivated to kill Tito etc. It's like the scene in the Rocky movies when Rocky kicks butt in training and climbs the stairs, is able to outperform Apollo Creed, climbs the mountain in Russia, blah blah.

But he still comes across horribly in the show. So dumb and lazy. People won't want to keep watching because he is such a buffoon in the 1st episode.

OK, just watched.

Yeah, that was pretty goddamn bad. The "Rampage = party, English guy = complain about partying" theme got pretty old after the first five minutes.

With that said, Rampage's cousin Dre was funny and his "bodyguard" is fucking hot.

You are probably correct. They are going to contrive some epiphany Rampage has during his training where he becomes super motivated to kill Tito etc. It's like the scene in the Rocky movies when Rocky kicks butt in training and climbs the stairs, is able to outperform Apollo Creed, climbs the mountain in Russia, blah blah.

But he still comes across horribly in the show. So dumb and lazy. People won't want to keep watching because he is such a buffoon in the 1st episode.

This. I'm out already. I gave it a shot and Im not interested in the rest of it.

They're gonna have to fit that all into the last episode because it seems like next week's focus will be on Rampage's budding rap career.

I actually enjoyed it. His training partner Gavin seems like a cool dude, his bodyguard is hot and his cousin was funny as fuck.

They're gonna have to fit that all into the last episode because it seems like next week's focus will be on Rampage's budding rap career.

No, no, it's him putting words over dat new electronic music stuff. Not rap.

I guess part 2 was tonight. I forgot to watch. Someone add a LEGAL link if you find it. Thanks.

Back