Bellator vs UFC - recent signings

DizzyYeahYeah

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Bellator was able to sign Benson Henderson and acquire Rampage Jackson for 2 fights.

The UFC re-signed Alistair Overeem and Aljamain Sterling.

Who signed the better duo?

I'd say the UFC won. Rampage isn't going to be around for long. Reem probably has 5 fights left in him or maybe more. Aljo is a great talent and can be champ. Benson is great and it would be cool if he fights through Bellator's 155 stable, I WISH Will Brooks can get a shot at him but unlikely. That's the best fight that can be made for Benson, imo.

Last edited:
Well shiiiiiiiiiiiittt. This is why I don't make threads, lol. Delete this shit.

C'mon man, you posted it at 2:30 AM :D

UFC did the right IMO with Aljo and Reem, specially after the let Bendo go
Rampage's situation is something that they couldn't do so much.

Other than those, UFC has done a good job signing HW fighters, except for Kharitonov

Bellator has signed-

Benson Henderson
Sergei Kharitonov
Chris Leben
Rampage Jackson (or at least they got him back after he lost his mind)

UFC got Sterling and Overeem. I don't think Bellator is done either (Wanderlei and Mitrione are still out there). Either way- it's hard to say that either won since its a win/win kind of situation.

Both orgs. did good with the signings.

Gilbert Smith (12-4), Sirwan Kakai (12-3), Djamil Chan (12-2), Mark Dickman (10-2) and Andre Fialho (5-0) have all signed with Bellator in the last month or so.

For short term goals i think bellator won though. Next fight they have to make would be Rampage vs kimbo and i would totally watch it.

I think it worked out well for everyone

Rampage and Bendo are a great fit for Bellator.

Overeem in Bellator would be a bit of a waste, the best fights for him are in the UFC. Aljo would've been great in Bellator but he's not a big draw, and there are more fights for him in the UFC.

The most interesting part of this thread is that we are actually debating this, Bellator is now actually fairly competetive in signings.

Gilbert Smith (12-4), Sirwan Kakai (12-3), Djamil Chan (12-2), Mark Dickman (10-2) and Andre Fialho (5-0) have all signed with Bellator in the last month or so.
Fialho had a short short fight for his debut in bellator. Looked solid, solid power and solid hands. He is also only 22 years old. Definitely someone to keep and eye on at 170

Chris Harris also had a foty candidate v Marquez. Bellator is picking up some solid guys

I think the organization with Kimbo Slice and Dada5000 is winning

Bellator was able to sign Benson Henderson and acquire Rampage Jackson for 2 fights.

The UFC re-signed Alistair Overeem and Aljamain Sterling.

Who signed the better duo?

I'd say the UFC won. Rampage isn't going to be around for long. Reem probably has 5 fights left in him or maybe more. Aljo is a great talent and can be champ. Benson is great and it would be cool if he fights through Bellator's 155 stable, I WISH Will Brooks can get a shot at him but unlikely. That's the best fight that can be made for Benson, imo.
Benson would lose to Brooks.

Back