News Bellator sale talks heating up

it ends "duo meaning at 300"?
View attachment 996292

Make me sader than I thought to know that this will be their last event, I'm gonna miss them and I am genuinely worried about the state of affaire for the competition for UFC. With PFL burning their cash and One Championship who seem to slowely cashing out of MMA, I don't know what will be left in, let's say, 2025?

Make me sader than I thought to know that this will be their last event, I'm gonna miss them and I am genuinely worried about the state of affaire for the competition for UFC. With PFL burning their cash and One Championship who seem to slowely cashing out of MMA, I don't know what will be left in, let's say, 2025?

Bellator 300 will not be the Orgs last show. Coker has said he's working on the main event fights for Bellator 301 and 302 plus he's looking at RIZIN end of year show.

Bellator going belly up in the middle of the UFC class certification lawsuit is terrible timing. With the best roster outside the UFC and dozens of world class fighters tied to Bellator, they would be incredibly positioned to finally make a breakthrough in the market, if anything were to change in the MMA landscape.

They were mention how the new 300 advertising looks like PFL
IMG_6256.jpeg
, it does look different !

It will be pretty sad to see Bellator go away, they’ve been a bit of a meme for awhile but I thought they put on some pretty good fights. And I personally prefer the way Bellator does their Grand Prix over the PFL’s constant tournament format
The current champions are probably the most solid in their 14 year history.

Light Heavyweight champ Vadim Nemkov 17-2
Middleweight champ Johnny Eblen 13-0
Welterweight champ Yaroslav Amagov 27-0
Lightweight champ Usman Nurmagomedov 17-0
Bantamweight champ Patchy Mix 19-1

Bellator 300 will not be the Orgs last show. Coker has said he's working on the main event fights for Bellator 301 and 302 plus he's looking at RIZIN end of year show.
Really!? That is great news! When did he say this? I want them to finish the LW tournament

Good to hear with all the fake news being spread around.

If anyone wants to buy tickets to Bellator 300 in San Diego the presale code is “SOCIAL”

Jimmy Smith SiriusXM recent interview with Scott Coker claiming Bellator 301 and 302.

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/sco...-final-event-were-going-to-keep-doing-fights/
If Bellator is going away it would’ve been epic to end on a monumental event like 300 and stack the card. The rumors have been “Bellator won’t be here next year”. But after they released that 300 card it looked like the end. I think Bellator will go until the end of the year. 300 being in October they still have perfect timing for 301 / 302 in November and December.

guess we'll have to see. until a sale is final they would probably have to keep planning in the event that something falls through they can't have a blank calendar
True anything can happen. I listen to the Big John and Josh Thomson podcast and their attitude has been like it’s a done deal they are selling, the question is just who. For the sake of the brand and more MMA I hope it stays around

Here's my theory:
upload_2023-8-17_12-3-35.jpeg

The Saudis have decided to enter the MMA landscape in a big way & financing the PFL move for Bellator is their way of making a big splash.

Consider:
  1. Francis. Big PFL deal announced & a fight with Fury in Saudi Arabia announced; coincidence? Obviously not, Francis is clearly 'in' with the Saudis.
  2. Abu Dhabi. The UAE is currently the Middle Eastern Mecca for MMA... & also a rival to Saudi Arabia. That rivalry has apparently become a rift https://arabcenterdc.org/resource/the-uae-saudi-arabia-rivalry-becomes-a-rift/
  3. UFC Stagnation. Not only on Sherdog is there displeasure at the current UFC product; it's objectively stagnated, & with DWCS the major pathway into the UFC it means there are many, many world class Asian/Russian/Muslim fighters who are not getting opportunities
Saudi Arabia have the means (money + Francis & Jake Paul), motive (rivalry with UAE) & opportunity (a stagnated industry leader with established but financially weak rivals, untapped fighters/resources) to make a massive move.

There's been a trend over the last few decades of Eastern/Arabian money being invested in Western properties (literal properties as well as intellectual) & I'm forseeing a continuation of that in MMA, rather like LIV Golf. With LIV Jack Nicklaus & Phil Mikelson got "tapped up" before major moves were made... is it too crazy to think of Jake Paul & Francis being used similarly?? Not to me!
<EdgyBrah>

Disclaimer: This could just be wishful thinking on my part, as I'm disgusted by the UFC since the WME takeover thingy, but it also makes a lot of sense, particularly financially.

Attachments

• upload_2023-8-17_12-3-7.jpeg
    upload_2023-8-17_12-3-7.jpeg
    38.2 KB · Views: 1
Here's my theory:

The Saudis have decided to enter the MMA landscape in a big way & financing the PFL move for Bellator is their way of making a big splash.

Consider:
  1. Francis. Big PFL deal announced & a fight with Fury in Saudi Arabia announced; coincidence? Obviously not, Francis is clearly 'in' with the Saudis.
  2. Abu Dhabi. The UAE is currently the Middle Eastern Mecca for MMA... & also a rival to Saudi Arabia. That rivalry has apparently become a rift https://arabcenterdc.org/resource/the-uae-saudi-arabia-rivalry-becomes-a-rift/
  3. UFC Stagnation. Not only on Sherdog is there displeasure at the current UFC product; it's objectively stagnated, & with DWCS the major pathway into the UFC it means there are many, many world class Asian/Russian/Muslim fighters who are not getting opportunities
Saudi Arabia have the means (money + Francis & Jake Paul), motive (rivalry with UAE) & opportunity (a stagnated industry leader with established but financially weak rivals, untapped fighters/resources) to make a massive move.

There's been a trend over the last few decades of Eastern/Arabian money being invested in Western properties (literal properties as well as intellectual) & I'm forseeing a continuation of that in MMA, rather like LIV Golf. With LIV Jack Nicklaus & Phil Mikelson got "tapped up" before major moves were made... is it too crazy to think of Jake Paul & Francis being used similarly?? Not to me!
<EdgyBrah>

Disclaimer: This could just be wishful thinking on my part, as I'm disgusted by the UFC since the WME takeover thingy, but it also makes a lot of sense, particularly financially.

tbf it would be very hard to pick a good guy between the UFC and Saudi Arabia.

tbf it would be very hard to pick a good guy between the UFC and Saudi Arabia.
It's not about there being a good guy to root for. It's about an unfettered monopoly operating like an unfettered monopoly and the industry needing something to disrupt it's shitty business practices. It could be the literal devil who does this and it would still be a huge win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pavy
Back