• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Bellator sale talks heating up

Bellator being dissolved only makes sense if they are being bought out by another promotion. Or the best case scenario is that someone else is buying them and rebranding them. The other option is that this dude (who is a nobody) is taking the report from the other dude (who is another nobody). At this point, anything is possible.

Bellator being dissolved only makes sense if they are being bought out by another promotion. Or the best case scenario is that someone else is buying them and rebranding them. The other option is that this dude (who is a nobody) is taking the report from the other dude (who is another nobody). At this point, anything is possible.

WTF is he talking about dissolving? exactly. If PFL buys them and is out of the showtime contract and some other international tv deals then yeah they merge the rosters and lay off Bellator corporate staff they dont want to keep. But like way he's making it sound is like Bellator is just no more and everyone is free to move on and that obviously aint the case.

WTF is he talking about dissolving? exactly. If PFL buys them and is out of the showtime contract and some other international tv deals then yeah they merge the rosters and lay off Bellator corporate staff they dont want to keep. But like way he's making it sound is like Bellator is just no more and everyone is free to move on and that obviously aint the case.
could be a scenario where nobody can afford/wants to pay what bellator is looking for, so it's being cut up piecemeal. See the recent bed bath and beyond bankruptcy where they sold .com rights and other things off separately

I just don't understand how this would work.

What are they putting a price on each piece of the company and each fighter. So you want a champ or a top guy your pay us 1M for each, you want the media content you pay us 10M, you want corey anderson we'll take 500K. This just seems so far fetched to me and I'm not sure could even be done legally unless each individual fighter is willing to go where they say there wanted and agree to a new contract with that org..

Even when the UFC bought Pride they had to resign the fighters to the UFC since they were shutting down the actual PRIDE org. If they kept the PRIDE org running they probably could've of legally kept every fighter under their existing contracts.

If this goes down it would be the crazy thing ever in MMA.

Last edited:
If Bellator is kept by Viacom/Paramount, they just need an investor to buy part of it to infuse some cash in it. They have a solid base of champions, just need to spend on depth, promotion, more events especially in europe. there are periods where they dont have events for over a month and everyone forgets about bellator. Maybe Liberty Media, or some rich guy like Zuckerberg who is into MMA or Shaquille O Neal on a lesser scale.

Viacom even in its current state and the whole time they have owned Bellator if they ever felt all that was needed was infused with money or new management they would've done it in a heart beat if it meant making more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

I think as fans we forget at times the people making these decisions many time believe they are the smartest person in the room or there inner circle is. We laugh at Dana and Ferts world domination slide show but the truth is that is how all these companies think. Viacom doesn't go to produce a movie or show hoping it will be the 12th best. I think with Bellator they thought they could build it up and get someone to pay big bucks for it or at the very least become of very valuable asset to Viacom. Over the earlier years they found out quickly competing in the world of the UFC isn't working very well and they just more less shifted gears towards cheap media content and we'll see where this ends up. They knew they couldn't be the best and more or less stood status quo these last few years.

Viacom should've sold out right after the DAZN deal was signed and could've tagged along a new media deal on their networks to increase the value even more. That is when they were the most valuable on the open market and they couldn't pull the trigger. Rumors have been swirling since about 2020 of them selling and as time went by they are looked upon as being more desperate everyday. Now it sounds like its just dumpster fire in the eyes of any potential buyers.

P.S.: Viacom should've never bought it in the first place. They are a media content outlet, not a live sports owner. I still can't believe to this day at no point of time the people around Bellator/Viacom never put the very extensive Bellator fight library on one of there own various streaming platforms to try to gain more subscribers. That in a nutshell says how piss poor that org is run or owned. Don't know who is to blame for that simple over sight.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/mma/new...r-bellator-champions-names-appear-ufc-website

Michael 'Venom' Page and three other well-known Bellator stars' names appeared on the UFC's official website. Following that, many began speculating that the fighters had joined the UFC.

The three fighters, other than Michael 'Venom' Page, are former Bellator featherweight champion AJ McKee, former Bellator lightweight champion Patricky 'Pitbull' Freire, and former Bellator lightweight champion and current Bellator featherweight champion Patricio 'Pitbull' Freire.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/mma/new...r-bellator-champions-names-appear-ufc-website

Michael 'Venom' Page and three other well-known Bellator stars' names appeared on the UFC's official website. Following that, many began speculating that the fighters had joined the UFC.

The three fighters, other than Michael 'Venom' Page, are former Bellator featherweight champion AJ McKee, former Bellator lightweight champion Patricky 'Pitbull' Freire, and former Bellator lightweight champion and current Bellator featherweight champion Patricio 'Pitbull' Freire.

Its normal for the UFC to add random fighters who will never fight in the UFC to their website. I think Bobb Sapp is even listed on there

Its normal for the UFC to add random fighters who will never fight in the UFC to their website. I think Bobb Sapp is even listed on there
Sapp was a Pride Fc guy … mvp has never been part of anything related to Ufc

Jose Canseco also

But seriously there was a thread in the UFC section, think it turned those guys have been listed since April, but its not the official roster page.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/multiple-bellator-fighters-are-now-on-the-ufc-website.4299721/

Don’t see why it would dissolve Vs having a wealth fund or PE shop buy them for a favorable price.

MV
MVP at a UFC event in the UK where he lives doesn't mean a thing. I am sure his price would be too high for the UFC to sign. But he would be a decent fighter to have on their roster.

But I could see.. UFC would not be above giving PFL money to help them buy Bellator. If so I hope they demand Bellator's library as well as Yaroslav Amosov & Vadim Nemkov not care so much about MVP, Pitbull brothers or even AJ.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back