bellator ppv to outdraw recent ufc ppv's?

John Mabrey

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
not out of the question, rampage and tito have more star power than any recent ufc ppv headliner recently

is this the beginning of the end for zuffa?

Rampage-Jackson-Bellator.jpg

Have they mentioned what their target for sales are to make it a success?

you overestimate quintons 'star power' and certainly cheetos

Nope. Don't get me wrong, i'm looking forward to it, but they won't draw anywhere near recent UFC's.

The last 3 UFC PPV all did over 300k, so you think Rampage on a Bellator PPV is gonna do more than Ronda and Jones UFC PPV/

EVEn with the cheaper PPV price it wont do anywhere near that.

If you take the average ufc ppv buyrate over the last year and a half I think bellator will beat that number tonight. Its a way better card but realistically advertising>product quality so I doubt theyll get the 1 million+ buys that a card of this quality would get under the zuffa banner with its relentless bombardment of 24-7s, commercials, scared journalists spamming stuff out etc.

Have they mentioned what their target for sales are to make it a success?

I think it was 90K with Eddie on the card, with him off it

110K+ = HUGE success
70K = Probably what they need to come out a little ahead.
50K or lower = Just stick to spike TV from now on.

It's going to be interesting I know that. I could see 30,000 buys, but tbh I could also see 200,000 buys.

If you take the average ufc ppv buyrate over the last year and a half I think bellator will beat that number tonight. Its a way better card but realistically advertising>product quality so I doubt theyll get the 1 million+ buys that a card of this quality would get under the zuffa banner with its relentless bombardment of 24-7s, commercials, scared journalists spamming stuff out etc.

So thats what? Roughly 375K? No way this beats that, anything over 100K will be a huge accomplishment, but i'd be thrilled if you were right.

No way, I think it'll do around 70,000. I'm still contemplating buying it just to help that number but there's a free marquez fight on hbo tonight so i might just skip it and watch marquez/alvarado

Bombers, you think it beats 250,000 buys? Willing to take a bet?

Well I don't think it will do better than UFC but if it does well thats a good start for bellator, I like their price at 35, UFC PPV is way too expensive for the amount of ppvs they have each year

I'll be genuinely surprised if it breaks 30k

I asked my dad to name all of the MMA fighters he could and he came up with Crocop and Tito Ortiz lol.

Back