Bellator noob question DAZN/Paramount

Kvothe_the_kingkiller

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Are all Bellator main events on Paramount or just the one tonight (COVId related maybe)?

Not complaining, just haven’t had DAZN since my free month was up (or was it a week?) a few years ago, and don’t watch much Bellator.

Mostly I’m trying to understand the revenue math. I thought DAZN paid a lot for Bellator and Paramount didn’t.

Thanks.

Every US Bellator card is on Paramount except for cards that feature Grand Prix bouts. The cards that feature Grand Prix bouts are exclusively on DAZN.

International Bellator cards are a tossup, they could be tape delayed on Paramount, they could be live on Bellator app, or they could be simulcast on DAZN

I think Adam Borics' match is up next free on Bellator app.

Bellator Prelims on Youtube/DAZN/Bellator APP, Main Card is on DAZN (Has some exclusive events) with Paramount/Sky Sports

Recent rumors are suggesting DAZN wants out of the Bellator business, unfortunately COVID-19 was not legal reason enough to cancel their contract

Recent rumors are suggesting DAZN wants out of the Bellator business, unfortunately COVID-19 was not legal reason enough to cancel their contract
Why? Is it not as popular as they wanted? I have always watched it so I can't tell if it's popular or not.

Why? Is it not as popular as they wanted? I have always watched it so I can't tell if it's popular or not.
TBH i like DAZN and its a great place for them but when they move to Showtime the production will upgraded big time. The current production they have now feels like pro wrestling. I always enjoyed the Strikeforce cards and as of today the Showtime boxing cards in my opinion has the best production ahead of Fox, DAZN, ESPN

Probably a combination of Bellator not being as popular as they hoped and cost cutting measure

Jesus Christ. Bellator are a mess
Every US Bellator card is on Paramount except for cards that feature Grand Prix bouts. The cards that feature Grand Prix bouts are exclusively on DAZN.

International Bellator cards are a tossup, they could be tape delayed on Paramount, they could be live on Bellator app, or they could be simulcast on DAZN

Dazn first and foremost way over paid for Bellator(reportedly roughly 33 million a year for the first 3 years). Who were they competing against, no one. Anything Viacom can get out of them for a US media deal is just icing on the cake. I doubt Paramount was making 33 million of revenue from Bellator being broadcasted in the US. They got exclusive for like 7 events a year or so and then simulcast the Paramount shows. Talk about being taking to the cleaners. At the very least beyond the Grand Prix they should've asked for exclusive rights when certain fighters fight like Fedor, Rory(at the time), Pitbull, Chandler, Bader, Gegard, etc etc and allowed to renegotiate what fighters each year and they should've also asked for access to the back library. Instead they got what we seen over the last two years and there isn't much to talk about outside of a few events.

I don't know how or why DAZN thought subscribers would roll in from signing Bellator. At the time Bellator's ratings were sinking and are still way down to this day. Nothing in numbers of the ratings would translate into the price they paid.

Back