Bellator lost Rory and Jiri

cyrusthevyrus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Bad start for 2020. They lost Rory who went after the million dollar PFL and Jiri, even if he was under Rizin, they were looking for Bader - Jiri which would have been an awesome fight.

Should they keep the collaboration with the dying Rizin?

Rizin is dying? If anything their business plan is waaaaaay smarter than Bellator's

Low amount of cards per year, each card with consistent popular fighters and bangers. Bellator has 100 cards a month with very little fan fare.

Hopefully Lima is next

that pretender Chandler can stay over there though

But...but Coker pays millions and don't forget about that sponsorship money? Why would they leave.

Bad start for 2020. They lost Rory who went after the million dollar PFL and Jiri, even if he was under Rizin, they were looking for Bader - Jiri which would have been an awesome fight.

They "lost" Rory. Rory got obliterated by Mousasi, drew a 90 year old Fitch, beat Lima but couldn't walk out of the ring that night and lost to Lima. He didn't have a great run at Bellator and finished up weak at the UFC. I guess for Bellator that is a loss though. It's good when you are declining or your heart isn't into fighting you can go to organizations and make a great career and a lot of money for yourself. Look what Askren was able to do.

Rizin is dying? If anything their business plan is waaaaaay smarter than Bellator's

Low amount of cards per year, each card with consistent popular fighters and bangers. Bellator has 100 cards a month with very little fan fare.
dude, Rizin struggles to have a fair fighter stack. are you kidding?

dude, Rizin struggles to have a fair fighter stack. are you kidding?
That doesn't mean the org is dying dumbo.
Asakura brothers, Tenshin, Horiguci and a bunch of other fighters names I cannot pronounce are doing big numbers selling out a 50k stadium regularly.
Watch the cards once in a while. One of the most entertaining orgs out there right now.

Rory's washed up. Haven't paid attention to Jiri since I can't watch Rizin.

Jiri never had a single fight for Bellator, so I don't get how they "lost" him? He literally never earned Bellator a dime.

And quite frankly was never a draw in Japan either.

They "lost" Rory. Rory got obliterated by Mousasi, drew a 90 year old Fitch, beat Lima but couldn't walk out of the ring that night and lost to Lima. He didn't have a great run at Bellator and finished up weak at the UFC. I guess for Bellator that is a loss though. It's good when you are declining or your heart isn't into fighting you can go to organizations and make a great career and a lot of money for yourself. Look what Askren was able to do.
Bellator definitely doesn’t see it as a loss considering they never offered him another contract.

Bellator kicked out Rory if anything.

Asakura brothers, Tenshin, Horiguci and a bunch of other fighters names I cannot pronounce are doing big numbers selling out a 50k stadium regularly.
Watch the cards once in a while. One of the most entertaining orgs out there right now.

Selling out a 50k stadium regularly? Watch the cards once in a while.

Bellator definitely doesn’t see it as a loss considering they never offered him another contract.
They probably overpaid to get him. He was declining when Bellator got him. He's still declining now that he left Bellator. You can train yourself to be a highly skilled Mixed Martial Artist but you do get to see in fights who has the heart of the very best. I also think with Rory he doesn't do any one thing great and that hurts him. Khabib goes to his wrestling and GNP, Usman goes to his wrestling, Izzy, his standup etc... It's good to be well-rounded but at the same time to have a specialty. Even Jones uses his standup with a kick heavy attack to take advantage of his reach.

Rory kinda lost his value while he was over there TBH. They obviously chose to not give him what he wanted. They had their Bellator champ beat him so they got what they wanted.

they dont have enough fighters. why dont they buy shooto or pancrase?

Bellator were absolutely stupid for making the Rory/Mousasi fight. Did nothing for Mousasi and just took Rory even further from his prime. Terrible, terrible matchmaking.

Back