Bellator kickboxing brand

do we still get to talk about bellator kickboxing in here or are mods going to get mad about it and we have to talk about it in the other sub

3jttGRD.png

Ground breaking stuff

Would be awesome to get bellator boxing

If it doesn't take place in a cage, what's the point of this?

Bellator kickboxing means Goldberg, Jose Canseco etc will be signed.

Kimbo vs Goldberg kickboxing match.

I dont really care about kickboxing like mma but once they got rid of Glory they wanted to do their own, control the matches.

Rather than two best kickboxers nobody knows Bellator will give you strikers in mma, MVP, Rampage, Kimbo, Daley, guys who like to strike more. Use mma names that have a built in fanbase and lure them to watch them in squash matches.

Mix in a few legit guys like Schilling, maybe steal a Glory fighter or two and then do some freakshows like Kimbo, Goldberg etc.

I can tell you it will get better ratings than Glory, also since Bellator only has certain amount of events they can give fighters chance to make money doing this.

I just really don't get it at all. WTF are they doing???

How about you get the MMA side of things rolling smoothly before going into kickboxing. Glory with the top kickboxers in the world did very little for ratings. I'm willing to bet most that watched Glory also watched Bellator. So what is the point and who are you trying to attract with it??

There are four words for this, who gives a fuck.

Glory failed ridiculously hard on Spike and I don't understand why Bellator is starting a kickboxing league. There is no market for Kickboxing in the US and I don't see these events pulling decent numbers. If I'm wrong I will admit it, but history shows that kickboxing is not popular in the US.

The money they are putting into this should be used to pay fighters and sign better guys. I hope Viacom and Coker know what they're doing because personally for me as a fan I have lost nearly all interest in Bellator as a promotion. Just can't take them seriously.

This is a great move. Obviously Spike is very interested in building their live sports portfolio and Coker is the man to lead it.

This gives fighters more opportunities to fight and be seen. BMMA can build their strikers up in KB and can transition fans of KB into MMA and fans of MMA into KB

Probably a reason why Sergei signed with Bellator. For fighters like him it's perfect.

Sounds like Dana was right,min a way. After Atrikeforce Scott Coker did go back to doing kickboxing shows, in a way.

I wish Bellator the best of luck with MMA, Kickboxing, and any other discipline that they pursue.

0 interest what so ever.

Kickboxing is never going to catch on in North America.

Look at how cartoonish TNA was SPIKE liked that. BELLATOR has been turning into sports entertainment very noticably in the past two years. GLORY marketed a very sportsman oriented production with little gimmicks and hyperbole not very SPIKE.

They want something they can control mold and market how they want. GLORY is also run by Euros which can bother investors who wanna buy 'Murican. GLORY looks a little bland stuffed between three hours of COPS reruns whereas TNA fit right in. IF they book Kimbo for this they may be proposing the perfect marriage of COPS and GLORY lol.

There are four words for this, who gives a fuck.

Glory failed ridiculously hard on Spike and I don't understand why Bellator is starting a kickboxing league. There is no market for Kickboxing in the US and I don't see these events pulling decent numbers. If I'm wrong I will admit it, but history shows that kickboxing is not popular in the US.

The money they are putting into this should be used to pay fighters and sign better guys. I hope Viacom and Coker know what they're doing because personally for me as a fan I have lost nearly all interest in Bellator as a promotion. Just can't take them seriously.

I couldn't agree more.

Kickboxing more or less has been left in the dark. Glory has tried and tried to get it going again and it just doesn't seem to gain much steam. Maybe in few select regions on earth people care much more about it than MMA but the masses seem to have moved on from it. I enjoy it, but I don't really go seek it out and I think that is how a lot of fans feel.

Bellator has a lot of work to do on MMA side and that is what Coker and Company should be working on 100% of the time.

Coker cut his teeth in kickboxing. Strikeforce was built around Cung Le. MVP is one of Bellators most popular fighters on here.

They're going to go after the flashy guys and the brawlers.

Kharitonov, Manhoef, Daley, MVP, Josh Thompson, probably Raymond Daniels and Jaideep, Rampage did well in K-1... if they can borrow Petrosyian from Oktagon (who they're co-promoting with in April) and sign a few guys than they can put together a good card.

Please no more Keri Melendez though.

Back