Bellator/Bjorn knew Eddie had a head injury

Thieves Dont

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Prior to Sherdog's announcement.

From Bjorn on the conference call:

Rebney: Late last week we received call from Ed's manager that Ed had hit his head on a training partner's hip. Last Tuesday, we were told Ed was doing full cardio but was still dizzy but was 70 percent.

So they knew he had a head injury weeks out from a fight, and instead of getting him checked out they were willing to let him fight and risk the possibility of something terrible happening. God damn, Bjorn.

Last edited:
This isn't a good thing at all but I honestly can't say that it surprises me.

It's not Bjorn's job to get fighters medically cleared. That's what Athletic Commissions are for. Durr

For all we know Eddie might have told his team to tell Bellator it was just a scare and he was fine, he then got checked out and just couldnt go. There's a lot of fucking variables and fighters often hide injuries from promoters, look at the UFC 151 farce.

Youre reaching on this one
They didnt let him fight so relax with the fake outrage

It's not Bjorn's job to get fighters medically cleared. That's what Athletic Commissions are for. Durr

Just want to add that Tennessee [where Bellator 120 is taking place] DOES have an athletic commission that oversees MMA events.

Youre reaching on this one
They didnt let him fight so relax with the fake outrage

They were going to. Look at the quote. THEY KNEW HE WAS STILL DIZZY AS OF LAST WEEK.

Yes, fighters HIDE injuries as in they don't tell the promoters. Eddie's team told Bellator. I don't know how you guys can justify that at all.

And let me get this straight. Dana/Zuffa get shit because they use the "we're regulated by the government/AC's are in charge of drug test" excuse, but it's okay in this situation. Got it.

It happened last week and they waited a few days to see if he could recover before they canceled the fight
The horror

OK? He didn't fight. I'm sure this stuff happens a lot anyway.

Perhaps Eddie wanted more time to see if he could make a full recovery in time before pulling out?

They were going to. Look at the quote. THEY KNEW HE WAS STILL DIZZY AS OF LAST WEEK.

Yes, fighters HIDE injuries as in they don't tell the promoters. Eddie's team told Bellator. I don't know how you guys can justify that at all.

And let me get this straight. Dana/Zuffa get shit because they use the "we're regulated by the government/AC's are in charge of drug test" excuse, but it's okay in this situation. Got it.

We don't have even close to the details of what Bellator were told. They might have told them "Eddie had a scare today but he's fine", then he was checked out and was told he couldn't go. All you have is speculation.

We don't have even close to the details of what Bellator were told. They might have told them "Eddie had a scare today but he's fine", then he was checked out and was told he couldn't go. All you have is speculation.

No, we have the words straight from Bjorns mouth earlier today that Eddie hit his head, then was dizzy in training days after that. That's not speculation. Bjorn could have lied and said thats what he was told (Eddie had a scare but was fine) but said the complete opposite of that.

Prior to Sherdog's announcement.

From Bjorn on the conference call:

So they knew he had a head injury weeks out from a fight, and instead of getting him checked out they were willing to let him fight and risk the possibility of something terrible happening. God damn, Bjorn.

Not necessarily. As much as I dislike Bjorn, he was waiting to the very end to see if he felt better, preparing something else, just in case.

Not necessarily. As much as I dislike Bjorn, he was waiting to the very end to see if he felt better, preparing something else, just in case.

It's a concussion. He was still dizzy in training days after. Thats an incredibly bad sign. They shouldn't have "waited to see if he felt better". That's amateur stuff. They should have had him checked him out.

Bellator website says Landers center in Memphis TN.

They must have screwed up or there's more than one landers center.

Edit* it's in Mississippi but it's just south of Memphis Tennessee, I've got family in that area.

You're jumping to conclusions, you seem like you've made up your mind that they're guilty without all the facts.
Ill give you a plauseable scenario....
Eddie gets hurt, calls Bellator and warns them, asks that they give him a little more time before he officially withdraws, in that time, they seek another opponent just in case.

I don't know the official timeline, but wasn't a replacement announced pretty quickly ?

Back