Bellator and spike vs. Eddie Alvarez

tin1104

White Belt
Reaction score
Is it me or is bellator and spike really not promoting Eddie prior to his injury? All they do is brag about Chandler.

I'm starting to think that nobody other than the UFC seems to get it that when you have a fight you promote BOTH competitors. Strikeforce was also famous for promoting only the guys they wanted to win. It's really strange. It doesn't seem like it should be that hard of a concept to grasp.

probably cuz they know that after this fight, Eddie wants to go to UFC and Chandler will stay with Bellator. They don't want to promote the guy who wants to leave and has a bad relationship with the promotion.

My wife even commented on that (I subject her to endless hours of MMA, which of course is typically broadcast on channels that show a shitload of MMA related/card promo commercials).

She said, I thought you told me that Alvarez guy is the champ.

I told her yep, it's true.

She said, Whoever's running the promotion for this is a fucking snake.

Pretty bad when someone who's watching something just because she basically has no other option notices shit like that.

I do believe Bjorn is a dirty dude, and I think the other powerhouses behind Bellator are probably pretty damn similar.

But hey, that's the fight game. I can't think of a honest, decent human being that is a promoter. Hell, Bjorn's probably a better guy than Dana.

probably cuz they know that after this fight, Eddie wants to go to UFC and Chandler will stay with Bellator. They don't want to promote the guy who wants to leave and has a bad relationship with the promotion.

ding ding ding. We have a winner. Alvarez was the face of their promotion before he wanted out. Win or lose, he'll be free after his next fight and if he wins, its almost certain that he will leave for the UFC. This is par for the course in the cut throat world of MMA promotion. When Andrei Arlovski was on his way out of the UFC, Dana put his last fight with the promotion on the prelims even though he was a a top HW at the time.

Back