Bellator 257 April 16th Showtime Nemkov vs Davis & Anderson vs Yagshimuradov

Idk but 38 year old Paul Daley might not be too happy to stand and trade with Homasi. We will see though. At 38, really don’t know what Daley is fighting for anymore. Don’t know if he’ll ever get back to the belt.
This is last fight on his contract, if I remember correctly. I doubt he will want to retire after a shitty performance, but we will see. I'm glad he is not getting a gimme fight, this is actually a pretty solid fight. If Homasi wins he will be thrown into contention soon and if Daley wins it will be a solid farewell fight.

Idk but 38 year old Paul Daley might not be too happy to stand and trade with Homasi. We will see though. At 38, really don’t know what Daley is fighting for anymore. Don’t know if he’ll ever get back to the belt.

$

I doubt he retires, if he doesnt stick around in Bellator you have PFL or he could go into bare knuckle. That seems to be the place the older names are going now and he loves striking.

Daley is going to knock his head into the front row if Homasi tries to stand with him imo.
I know power is the last thing to go on a fighter but Daley has looked kind of slow on his last fights, whereas Homasi has looked better after each fight. You have one fighter on the tail end of his career and the other possibly entering his prime. It will be a good fight because I dont see Homasi TKOing Daley but I do see Daley TKOing Homasi, however, I think at this stage of their careers Homasi should be favored.

I know power is the last thing to go on a fighter but Daley has looked kind of slow on his last fights, whereas Homasi has looked better after each fight. You have one fighter on the tail end of his career and the other possibly entering his prime. It will be a good fight because I dont see Homasi TKOing Daley but I do see Daley TKOing Homasi, however, I think at this stage of their careers Homasi should be favored.

I just don't rate Homasi very highly I don't think, he did well against Millender but the path to victory is well established against him.

A featherweight showdown between Pedro Carvalho and Daniel Weichel is in the works for Bellator 257 on April 16, multiple people with knowledge of the plans told MMA Fighting. Contracts have yet to be signed, but both sides have agreed to it.
Great fight. Weichel is on his way out imo but this is a classic crossroads fight. Does the vet have enough left in the tank and is the young Carvalho experienced enough to put him away? I like it it’s a good matchup right out of the tourney.

Great fight. Weichel is on his way out imo but this is a classic crossroads fight. Does the vet have enough left in the tank and is the young Carvalho experienced enough to put him away? I like it it’s a good matchup right out of the tourney.

Carvalho sucks imo I think Weichel beats him easily.

Carvalho sucks imo I think Weichel beats him easily.
Carvalho looked way out of depth vs Pitbull but Weichel doesnt have Pitbull's punching power. I think this will be a good fight for Carvalho to gage where he stands. I think that same gameplan that back fired against Pitbull can be effective against Weichel.

Bellator 257 is shaping up to be a legit card.

Steve Mowry will also be on this card. Guess his opponent

Carvalho looked way out of depth vs Pitbull but Weichel doesnt have Pitbull's punching power. I think this will be a good fight for Carvalho to gage where he stands. I think that same gameplan that back fired against Pitbull can be effective against Weichel.

To me he looked like a talented young guy taking on a beast way too early. He actually showed some nice stuff in the pocket for as long as it lasted, a few times he dipped Pitbull's shots, and fired back a quick hook on the way out that came close to connecting. Obviously he missed but the pathway to Pitbull's chin was clear, maybe with a few years' seasoning he doesn't miss those openings and that's a very different round. Honestly leaning slightly to Pedro here, Weichel is showing his age lately, even if he's still got a lot of savvy.

Back