Bellator 251 - Post Fight interviews

Inverse

Ginger Belt
Staff member
Sherdog.com Staff
Reaction score

Last edited:
Loved both Anglickas' and Vanderford's interviews.

Anglickas has a really tough road ahead of him because Nemkov, Davis, Bader, Anderson, all wrestlers. He's a good wrestler, but the wrestling advantage won't be there. All pretty good strikers too so the boxing game, we'll see how it holds up. His boxing is definitely his best asset outside of his wrestling, he's very good obviously St. Louis Golden Gloves Champ, but he doesn't have KO power so the fights might get drawn out a bit, and he might not be as good at kickboxing. Hopefully Bellator gives him a big name, he's definitely earned it, if they don't, hopefully he moves promotions. Polizzi has amazing grip strength but the length and boxing of Anglickas was too much, I still think he needs to move to MW.

Vanderford was better on the feet today. He got 2 or 3 clean shots on De Jesus. I thought in general he eked out an advantage in the exchanges on the feet. And of course he pressured hard and hurt De Jesus on the ground. It was kinda the prototype of what you imagine when you think wrestler vs BJJ. He said he thinks he broke his hand in the 2nd round? So we may not see him for a bit. Would be interesting to see him vs. Van Steenis or Tokov. I think he's probably the favorite vs. Van Steenis, and maybe a slight underdog against Tokov, who even knows what travel will allow. Van Steenis might be the fight to make since they both fought relatively recently. But both these guys are getting up there.

Back