PBP Bellator 251: Manhoef vs. Anderson, Thu. 11/5, 4:45 PM ET/1:15 PM PT PBP Discussion Thread

Who wins in the Bellator 251 main event?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Imagine if the UFC booked Aleksandar Rakic vs Jeremy Horn in 2020. Because this fight was basically the equivalent. Bellator gonna Bellator.

Instead it books a guy who has not won a fight in 8 years (Anderson) as the main event.

Instead it books a guy who has not won a fight in 8 years (Anderson) as the main event.
Anderson is an MMA all time great fighting competitive fights vs the best guys in the world.

Anderson is an MMA all time great fighting competitive fights vs the best guys in the world.

He hasn't won a single fight or looked good since 2012.

He has gotten destroyed or treated like a punching bag in most of those fights.

Him being a main event vs Adesenya or Hall is a joke.

Bellator cards have been stalemate all year.

Hardy anything exciting happens, even nearly all the fights are dull.
that's bellator quality for you. I haven't seen a single card in god knows how long that entertained me. They are like C-level compared to UFC.

I know it’s popular to hate on Bellator, but I’m going to do it anyway.

Bellator I thought at least would be a cool place for young prospect talent to flourish, kinda like Strikeforce so many top guys came from there man and they had a real strong welterweight and middleweight divisions. Guys like Tim Kennedy, Nick Diaz, Jake Shields, Luke Rockhold, Cung Le, Frank Shamrock and D.C. all had stints there, and came over to the UFC. But Bellator is now just a place for favourable matchmaking, prospect babying, and most importantly a place for those who could no longer complete at high level in the UFC.

Don’t get me wrong in the beginning when UFC guys switched over it was understandable since the Reebok deal cut some guy’s purses in half, but after that...ken Shamrock v. Royce Gracie 3, Tank Abbot v Kimbo Slice, Chael Sonnen v Tito Ortiz. You get the point.

Have to say, I really havent enjoyed Bellator in the pandemic era. Even big fights like Gegard vs Lima have been let downs. With that said, beyond excited for McKee vs Caldwell! Probably my favorite fight all November.

Well that was a terrible way to start my day. Funny reading through the rest of the PBP thread though.

Good to see @trentkelp back too, I thought you'd bet your PC on Natividad or something.

Has anyone ever actually been subbed because they crossed their feet, though?
Sergei Kharitinov submitted some Brazilian guy with that.

Is it really that simple ? Strikeforce always delivered

I remember when Bellator first signed Coker as president and this forum was overwhelmingly enthusiastic about him. I never saw him as a great matchmaker or scout of talent. He did obviously have some degree of familiarity and trust in how he formed these partnerships with Dream for cross promotion, and Fedor, but a lot of that talent in Strikeforce was a big sweep from acquiring EliteXC, and what struck me as questionable and caused me to laugh at the cheers for him when he came onto Bellator were his signings of guys like that blown up wrestler (whose name eludes me) and the 50 year old NFL player. He always had an inclination toward freakshow fights, and the production of Strikeforce on CBS and showtime was absurdly corny.

People love to mention Cain as a strikeforce prospect. The guy fought there i believe one time. The two noteworthy signings I'll definitely credit to Coker and his team were Tyron and DC.

that's bellator quality for you. I haven't seen a single card in god knows how long that entertained me. They are like C-level compared to UFC.

I was enjoying all the DAZN cards they were putting on right before the pandemic, the Paramount cards were pretty weak though as a result.

Gegard vs Lima was a great fight on paper just didn't deliver.

McKee vs Caldwell should be great

I was enjoying all the DAZN cards they were putting on right before the pandemic, the Paramount cards were pretty weak though as a result.

Gegard vs Lima was a great fight on paper just didn't deliver.

McKee vs Caldwell should be great
you are an optimist my friend :)

Where's the bellator thread for tonights action?!

Back