PBP Bellator 247: Jackson vs. Kielholtz - PBP Discussion: 1:00 p.m. ET/10:00 a.m. PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
lol karate black belt for females means jack shit, a female karate black belt who has won the world championship means jack shit as well, at least 20-30 years ago that was the case

if you ever want to be dumbfounded and laugh a lot, go watch some of those old matches, it's ridiculous
fair comment. It's amazing to only last 43seconds. Full Congrats to the Dutch girl. She's short at 5'3" of r125lbs but she shows good power and speed. Brit girl can go back to Cornwall and surf.

Well that was quick.

Main card: 3 KOs, 1 sub.
Prelims: 5 subs, 2 decisions.

SGUzR5v.gif

Uros Jurisic, Chris Duncan, Robert Novenyi, and Denise Kielholtz had amazing performances. Looking forward for their next showing.

CBS Sports is already better for Bellator than Paramount ever was, to everyone complaining about the programming.

They've already replayed today's event twice, and are about to re-broadcast it again in about 15 minutes, something that Paramount never did.

CBS Sports is already better for Bellator than Paramount ever was, to everyone complaining about the programming.

They've already replayed today's event twice, and are about to re-broadcast it again in about 15 minutes, something that Paramount never did.

Was on my way to this thread to say the same thing. They are replaying it for the third time already and they sandwiched in a couple of archive events for good measure.

I don’t know what the average viewership is for CBS sports net but having frequent syndication instead of the once a month and done without even a replay on Paramount probably more than makes up for losing the access to an audience that hasn’t been the desired demographic anyway since the Paramount rebranding. Building a brand demands repetition. Shows like UFC Unleashed airing 4 at a time every other night did so much for UFC. It was ridiculous how Viacom didn’t think it would be of the long term benefit of Bellator to have a regular archive show and replays

What exactly is off with the production may I ask?
The 92 logos on their ugly circle cage. In the American events they had the monster logo in the center and then some other sponsor logo over lapping it. When there was plenty of space.

The lights in the back shining at every direction half on the ugliest curtains ever and half off. The fact I can see more distracting things outside of the cage. Like the 20 Bellator logos. Or the random marine logo by the entrance ramp.

The commentators not actually watching the fight or calling big moments instead choosing to talk about side stories.

When you put it all together it just looks like a sloppy mess.

Watched this today, okay card.

- Kielhotz looked great, Jackson isn't a pushover and she made her look like one. Her striking is going to be on another level to most girls in this division. I'd like her to see if she can avenge her defeat against Arteaga next and if she can then put her in the title picture. If they do decide to do a FLW GP then she should be a part of it imo.

- Novenyi displayed some good grappling once he got going. Wasn't a good sign that he got caught early against a guy who was a step down from his last opponent in all honesty. Needs a step up in comp again.

- Moore and D'Anna was a fun fight, both guys hurt each other, Moore just landed the harder shot.

- Chris Duncan looks pretty legit to me, systematically beat his opponent down and I think his callout of Kiefer Crosbie makes sense if Crosbie wins today.

- Nice win for Long but awful sub defence from Melilio.

- Mandy Bohm got the win but didn't particularly impress me in doing so. Think she's lucky the fight with Carmouche fell out as she'd have got demolished against Liz imo.

- Jurisic looked really good, but Gahadza always loses like that, I think you can stick him straight in with the upper echelons of the 170 division in Bellator, someone like Jordan Mein or Erick Silva would be good.

Rest of the card was okay but noone really stuck out to me.

Watched this today, okay card.

- Kielhotz looked great, Jackson isn't a pushover and she made her look like one. Her striking is going to be on another level to most girls in this division. I'd like her to see if she can avenge her defeat against Arteaga next and if she can then put her in the title picture. If they do decide to do a FLW GP then she should be a part of it imo.

- Novenyi displayed some good grappling once he got going. Wasn't a good sign that he got caught early against a guy who was a step down from his last opponent in all honesty. Needs a step up in comp again.

- Moore and D'Anna was a fun fight, both guys hurt each other, Moore just landed the harder shot.

- Chris Duncan looks pretty legit to me, systematically beat his opponent down and I think his callout of Kiefer Crosbie makes sense if Crosbie wins today.

- Nice win for Long but awful sub defence from Melilio.

- Mandy Bohm got the win but didn't particularly impress me in doing so. Think she's lucky the fight with Carmouche fell out as she'd have got demolished against Liz imo.

- Jurisic looked really good, but Gahadza always loses like that, I think you can stick him straight in with the upper echelons of the 170 division in Bellator, someone like Jordan Mein or Erick Silva would be good.

Rest of the card was okay but noone really stuck out to me.
I really liked Chris Duncan. Dude hits like a fucking truck man. Plus he’s got a great ammy record too. He’s everything Kiefer wishes he could be. I think he blows straight through Kiefer. Also thought the same about Jurisic. Dude is a monster, he needs to be up there with the big boys. I think we’re getting to the point where we can list a solid top 10 WW list in Bellator. And we don’t have to put Paul Daley in there out of necessity anymore.

Back