Bellator 222: MacDonald vs. Gracie, Fri. June 14, 6:30 PM ET Prelims/10 PM ET Main Card Discussion

Triggered for laughing at a manlet who freaked out cause a women's mma fighter got to spew platitudes for once instead of some CTE dude?
Feel free to point out the triggeredness. I do respect you for coming to the aid of your obviously distressed fellow mens rights incel tho. True comradery; a brotherhood. Your courage will be remembered and honored in Valhalla

Did your t-levels reach a new low when typing that sanctimonious drivel? Someone complains about a female commentator and suddenly a brainwashed white knight comes to the rescue....full well knowing said poster's motives because...well, SJWs are always right and are mind-readers. Go back to your safe space where you can choose 1 (or 10) pronouns to describe and identify yourself as your preferred gender, race and species for the day.

What Rory did in the final round takes years of experience to pull off against a black belt. He systematically defended against the mount, pulled half, pulled butterfly, against a black belt. He defended the open elbow and arm triangle set up. You don’t learn that in a year. That’s real years and years of experience. For the average fighter that open elbow would’ve been a death sentence.

You don’t get that good in a year. Trust me, I burn through one year guys all the time and I’m not even close to a black belt. The reason Rory managed it is because he’s just as experienced as Neiman.

Now ask yourself why all these other guys who’ve trained more than a year have been tapped by Neiman.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but again, you are mistaken.

As I said before the fight, Rory spent time on the ground with Maia and Torres (in Metamoris). While he doesn't go for too many submissions himself, he's a high-level grappler and one of the most well-rounded fighters in any weight class. His biggest weaknesses are his nose/chin and the fact that he doesn't have a strong finishing ability (submission or KO power) or GSP-level wrestling (as evidence by a BJJ guy and 41-year old Fitch taking him down multiple times). There's a downside to being super well-rounded and a bit generic.

What Rory did in the final round takes years of experience to pull off against a black belt. He systematically defended against the mount, pulled half, pulled butterfly, against a black belt. He defended the open elbow and arm triangle set up. You don’t learn that in a year. That’s real years and years of experience. For the average fighter that open elbow would’ve been a death sentence.

You don’t get that good in a year. Trust me, I burn through one year guys all the time and I’m not even close to a black belt. The reason Rory managed it is because he’s just as experienced as Neiman.

Now ask yourself why all these other guys who’ve trained more than a year have been tapped by Neiman.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but again, you are mistaken.
Some of you are taking the "1 year" and "10 year" numbers a bit too literally. They are just arbitrary numbers. My main point is that my observation of MMA fights is telling me that the gap a grappler has in a real fight sitution gets closed really quickly when the opponent gains even the most basic skills and experience.

GSP pretty much demonstrated this by becoming the one of the most dominant wrestlers in UFC history without a considerable wrestling background. DC had Olympic caliber wrestling, and he struggled against Jon Jones and Alex Gustafson. Yoel Romero is an Olympic Silver Medal wrestler and he struggled to out-wrestle Robert Whitaker.

This is why it seems to me like even a little bit of good grappling experience and skill can close a significant portion of the skill gap against an opponent who is far more experienced in grappling, in the context of MMA fighting.

Lol backnee isn't specifically related to steroid use, had it through all my high school years and even after, it's mainly genetics, hormonal changes ( teens and young adults ) I do not use performance enhancing drugs.
I do. Rory's used them too.

Sorry I missed all the action looks like you all had some pretty good talk sifting through all the comments. Got the fight alert on my phone Pico KO'ed I knew I was missing sh!t. Nice to see a Bellator pbp thread hit over 100+ pages keep it up Doggers...

Horiguchi is now a cross-promotion champion. Holy fucking cow @ that performance

uh, GOATS are usually attributed to the "other side" in Christianity. lol

c1RBAie8.jpg
WirthGoat.jpg

Some of you are taking the "1 year" and "10 year" numbers a bit too literally. They are just arbitrary numbers. My main point is that my observation of MMA fights is telling me that the gap a grappler has in a real fight sitution gets closed really quickly when the opponent gains even the most basic skills and experience.

GSP pretty much demonstrated this by becoming the one of the most dominant wrestlers in UFC history without a considerable wrestling background. DC had Olympic caliber wrestling, and he struggled against Jon Jones and Alex Gustafson. Yoel Romero is an Olympic Silver Medal wrestler and he struggled to out-wrestle Robert Whitaker.

This is why it seems to me like even a little bit of good grappling experience and skill can close a significant portion of the skill gap against an opponent who is far more experienced in grappling, in the context of MMA fighting.

You’re the one who said one year. But it’s about experience. Jones is well experienced. Whittaker. GSP. All very well trained in grappling well before they even entered mma. Your point fails. You need a ton of experience to be able to effectively counter grapple against an elite grappler. You don’t just learn basics and suddenly become able to defend against elite grapplers. You seem to keep glossing over the FACT that these elite grapplers burn through well trained guys constantly. The examples you brought up are outliers, not the norm.

Give it up. Your theory is factually false. Too much hard evidence disproves your theory.

Did your t-levels reach a new low when typing that sanctimonious drivel? Someone complains about a female commentator and suddenly a brainwashed white knight comes to the rescue....full well knowing said poster's motives because...well, SJWs are always right and are mind-readers. Go back to your safe space where you can choose 1 (or 10) pronouns to describe and identify yourself as your preferred gender, race and species for the day.
Yes please continue to use testosterone level insults to prove how -definitely-not-about-manliness your triggeredness is.
<45>

Yes please continue to use testosterone level insults to prove how -definitely-not-about-manliness your triggeredness is.
<45>

The. weakest. rebuttal. ever. Masturbating with low-T all day will do that...puts you in a nasty brain fog!

i actually think we should be happy the ref didnt stand them up more often (although he shoulve). i know it sounds kinda stupid... but if they stood them up, it wouldve been more of the same, spamming takedowns. caldwell wouldve probably won that way.

its funny, if caldwell just threw meaningless strikes like horiguchi, he probably woulda won. strange fight. horiguchi lost the fight, but somehow deserved the win.
That is kinda true tho. I was a bit happy that the ref just let them stay in that position because I knew kyoji was winning from those lil punches from the bottom and because Caldwell literally threw NOTHING!

UFC, Bellator, ONE, RIZIN our golden four?

We'll never ever see it in MMA, but imagine a true Undisputed Champion.
Won’t happen anytime soon at all. But if ever happens,’it’ll be probably 20-30 yrs from now.

Watching the first for a 2nd time, I notice how cool it is to see a fighter interact with his corner as much as MacDonald.

2 GOATS. Lol

First, there can only be one GOAT by definition.

Second, at least two of your list of bible thumpers are confirmed cheaters. I'm more likely to believe a religious person is a phony and a liar than a good person.

Thought Gracie put in a good show.
Rory has fought absolutely everyone. Gracie only 9 fights.
Grace won rounds 1 and 5 and was threatening the submission always.
Was never in danger at any stage

Back