• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bellator 204: Caldwell vs Lahat 8/17 6PM ET Prelims/9PM Main Card PBP Discussion Thread

Reckless... but it worked because he used it to set up his wall and stall. RDA was tentative.

The thing you can get from Colby-RDA is that RDA shoot four double leg TD twice and he got Colby down both times. Colvington seems to have good offensive wrestling but it does not seem his defense is on that level.

Just joining the conversation but the parallel between Colby and Logan seems a little early. Logan is just 25 and with 9 pro MMA fights... Colby is already 30 with 15 fights.
I think Covington's defensive wrestling is just fine. It isn't as bad as Fitch's is. If I recall correctly, Covington more-or-less got straight up when RDA got him down.

Decent crowd in SD. Getting their money worth tonight...

Man the Irish kid looked good until he got ktfo by that 26 yr old guy. Good sportsmanship by all of the sudden mr. Humble Irish after the fight though.

Is McGregor the only decent fighter ever to come out of his camp?

Seems like there are so many dreamers there
Looked good until his opponent started fighting back.

Kid has zero defense and his hands are not heavy enough to gain that much respect.

Conor used that strategy earlier in his career but his chin held and he hurt people everytime he touched them. Also that reach advantage.

I dont think that strategy is going to work for Gallagher at any point of his career.

200w.webp

I will never forget when Caldwell threw Warren around like a baby, it made me laugh and cry at the same time

Sounds like some woman is getting murdered in the crowd, wow, those shrieks are terrible.

Looked good until his opponent started fighting back.

Kid has zero defense and his hands are not heavy enough to gain that much respect.

Conor used that strategy earlier in his career but his chin held and he hurt people everytime he touched them. Also that reach advantage.

I dont think that strategy is going to work for Gallagher at any point of his career.
He kept that power hand from play until Gallagher got too comfortable with those kicks...Then BANG

Caldwell would give TJ Dillashaw a good fight

He might but seems like a bad matchup. He still doesn't strike combinations together. Instead uses Jones tactic of single strikes from distance and tries to make his opponent rush in where he punishes him with his size and wrestling.

Last edited:
Caldwell got that GRIND pressure...

all this talk about caldwell's work ethic and his ground offensive output is about the same as khabib's cousin

I know he is up a weight class tonight but Caldwell is so damn big, can't imagine Dom Cruz is in the same weight class as him.

Back