Bellator 177: Dantas vs. Higo (? Prelims - 9pm Main Card) Fri. April 14 Discussion - Tape Delay?

well the people who left early didnt miss anything, main event SUCKED

I liked it. But probably only because I'm a Dantas fan. If I didn't appreciate his style and it was 2 guys I didn't know I'd be saying the same thing.

What is Caldwells injury? Dantas left without taking damage hopefully they can make that fight soon.

Bellator events in strange foreign countries have been pretty underwhelming

Why I hate tape delay man and seeing the results of the fight. Had heard who won and that fight wasnt good so I only half ass watched the fight. If I didnt know the results I would have watched it much more closely.

Gonna really suck when that stacked UK card's results are all over the internet. This card wasnt a big one so results werent everywhere but if Daley KO's ROry or something thats gonna be all over the place before the event airs.

Agreed. With this card it was fine for me. But with Rory vs Daley. Its one of those deals where if I don't hear anything I will know Rory won. If Daley wins I won't be able to avoid it.

Agreed. With this card it was fine for me. But with Rory vs Daley. Its one of those deals where if I don't hear anything I will know Rory won. If Daley wins I won't be able to avoid it.

if Daley KO's him or MVP does something flashy, there is no way those results wont be everywhere. Card like this nobody cares about really but a card like UK one which is so good, people will care about that.

So results will be out there.

I hope they pass over Caldwell and give Michael McDonald a shot personally.

BW is thin in Bellator, sucks Bibi didnt sign with them. Heard they gave him a good offer but OneFC came with better one.

Could do Dantas/Cadwell, Warren/Mayday and maybe Higo/LC Davis.

Good thing they got Mayday cause after Dantas/Cadwell there is nothing, need Mayday to win a fight.

But if Bibi signed that would have given them another top BW.

Not gonna happen
Lineker-KD-McDonald.gif

No way. McDonald hasn't been active enough to get an instant title pass when Caldwells only messup was to a guy who missed weight.

I had to pump the breaks on my Caldwell fandom after wis two fights with JoeT but i'm still a believer. Dantas is a tough guy to get ahold of and beat for 3 out of 5 rounds though.

I liked it. But probably only because I'm a Dantas fan. If I didn't appreciate his style and it was 2 guys I didn't know I'd be saying the same thing.
Dantas didn't look all that great though. Did you think so?

Enjoyed Dantas performance, showed that he has evolved as a fighter, and won't take many unnecessary risks. Did wish Higo would have pulled the trigger more, especially in that third round; you're probably down by two rounds and also are the underdog, why not go bananas and try to shock the world with a finish?

If the Caldwell fight happens, I think Dantas probably beats the shit out of him on the feet, it's gonna be interesting to see if he can keep it there though.

Nope. But he looked like a guy who could have turned it on in rounds 4 and 5 if his opponent started to slow down. He seems like more of a 5 round fighter than 3 due to his being content with scoring points.

To be honest though its the first time i've watched his opponent; I just knew a lot of people on here spoke highly of him.

He looked sharp and was never at risk of getting finished, can't really get better than that. You could complain that he didn't pull the trigger, but he still got the win at the end of the day, without taking any significant damage, and that's what matters.

Nope. But he looked like a guy who could have turned it on in rounds 4 and 5 if his opponent started to slow down. He seems like more of a 5 round fighter than 3 due to his being content with scoring points.

To be honest though its the first time i've watched his opponent; I just knew a lot of people on here spoke highly of him.
He looked sharp and was never at risk of getting finished, can't really get better than that. You could complain that he didn't pull the trigger, but he still got the win at the end of the day, without taking any significant damage, and that's what matters.
Well knowing how judges are I thought he let things get to close for comfort. Dantas was more effective but still he almost lost just by getting too comfortable with some of the point scoring tactics Higo was using. Wasn't overtly surprised to see a split decision.

Last edited:
Why I hate tape delay man and seeing the results of the fight. Had heard who won and that fight wasnt good so I only half ass watched the fight. If I didnt know the results I would have watched it much more closely.

Gonna really suck when that stacked UK card's results are all over the internet. This card wasnt a big one so results werent everywhere but if Daley KO's ROry or something thats gonna be all over the place before the event airs.

There's absolutley no watching that event live?

And my idea of avoiding spoilers is no sites that cover any sports and no sites that recommend videos like Youtube.

Well knowing how judges are I thought he let things get to close for comfort. Dantas was more effective but still he almost lost just by getting too comfortable with some of the point scoring tactics Higo was using. Wasn't overtly surprised to see a split decision.

At least for him it was a non-title fight. If he had lost a split they would have just set up a rematch for the title and since Caldwell isn't a big name really anyways it wouldn't have hurt him to take him out for the title rather than taking Caldwell. I think he did enough to win though and look forward to Dantas/Caldwell. Mayday should be in there soon too.

I enjoyed Dantas v Higo it was a chess match between two highly skilled guys, the two best bws in bellator.

Higo has nothing to be ashamed of he basically fought dantas to a standstill

Higo beats anyone else at BW in bellator and could very well become champ in a repeat with dantas

Last edited:
Has Dantas been training at Trispar lately? I miss this guy.

LikelyAmusingAustraliansilkyterrier.gif

Anyways, yet another terrible main event for Bellator. Pitbull/Straus can't come soon enough.

Back