Bellator 160: Henderson vs. Pitbull (7:50pm et prelims/10pm et Main Card) Discussion

That's definitely true. Maybe he's just past it, I dunno. That was seriously underwhelming though. I figured he'd be the one to pick Patricio apart at range and instead he gets out pointed with low kicks the whole fight? That's so fucked

I expected heavy leg kicks. Him to eat a few jabs and crosses shooting in, but a lot of clinch work and him dumping Pitbull and just riding out a 30-27. Instead, he looked like he wanted to counter strike. That's the most bizarre thing I've seen from Benson in a fight.

Crazy shit happens in Bellator. Anyone remember Chandler/Brooks 2?

Yeah, that was uncharacteristic of Benson. I can't recall him ever being that inactive and tentative. Maybe the Koreshkov fight screwed with his head?

Well i mean he did get his soul taken that night. Wouldnt blame him if it did. He better get it straight before he gets in the cage with Chandler. Or Bendo's brother is gonna be trying to get revenge on Chandler.

Yeah, that was uncharacteristic of Benson. I can't recall him ever being that inactive and tentative. Maybe the Koreshkov fight screwed with his head?
no clue. All I can say is that he usually throws more strikes in two minutes than he did in almost two rounds here. I pretty much resigned to see him lose a 29-28 before that weird shit happened.

That leg kick with 54 seconds left in the 1st round messed up Pitbulls shin. Stumbled backwards after that, and never threw another kick. Made a sickening thud sound. Checked perfectly.

Pitbull has power. Him and Frankie...Book it

Just what a black man like myself needs to see,after that horrendous main event..Some shaved bald white cops.

At least Bubba Jenkins came out victorio... err, wait. Sorry.

Frankly, I was "legally" streaming this shit & refuse to watch COPS and clicked that corner X hard.

that doesn't mean Pitbull is a better striker by any means.

The reason Benson didn't land a punch is because he didn't actually throw any.

If you want to pretend Bellator's top fighters only look good because Benson is somehow different, you're welcome to it. Some of us know better and we're not even surprised Alvarez is now UFC LW champ. I suppose Eddie just got way better or RDA got way worse after Eddie joined the UFC? <rollingeyes.gif>

That leg kick with 54 seconds left in the 1st round messed up Pitbulls shin. Stumbled backwards after that, and never threw another kick. Made a sickening thud sound. Checked perfectly.

Yep. Perfectly timed check.

there is no goal for him in bellator because the titles are more meaningless than in the ufc

How so? The ex-Bellator champ just finished the ufc champ in the first round. Sounds like the Bellator belts are worth more, people just buy into BS marketing from the ufc because they are stupid.

I'm pretty positive I've never seen a bellator card where I didn't go "WTF just happened" and not in a good way

It is bad that I remember that kick perfectly, but the jackasses at Bellator can't and used the wrong replay?

Yes its very bad.
When it happened though, I was like damn thats a nasty check.

I have it on good authority that Bendo lifted that little speech word-for-word from Kenneth Florian.

You must be a speech therapist cause I couldn't understand a thing that came out of his mouth. I just felt the cringe.

It's almost like the MMA gods thought "what can we do to top Dada/Kimbo and Carvalho/Manhoef?", Achilles yelled "I've got it!" and we got another Bellator main event worth forgetting.

If you want to pretend Bellator's top fighters only look good because Benson is somehow different, you're welcome to it. Some of us know better and we're not even surprised Alvarez is now UFC LW champ. I suppose Eddie just got way better or RDA got way worse after Eddie joined the UFC? <rollingeyes.gif>

Eddie himself has said that after the Cerrone loss he's changed his entire approach to fighting and it's made a world of difference to him. Some guys step their game up when they get to the bigger organizations and some guys are just damn good and get more recognition when they hit the Zuffa stage.

Seems like you've got an agenda. Fighters to age and change and sometimes it's overnight considering we don't see them as frequently as athletes in other daily or weekly sports. You couldn't discern without a doubt that Benson hasn't changed to a degree. Something was obviously off for him tonight. And yes, I'm not going to an idiot and say Pitbull didn't have anything to do with it, but as a whole, I don't entirely agree with you.

Back