• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bellator 158 averaged 556k viewers.

Apparently Tito was offered that fight. Seriously.

Not surprised, I mean lets just be honest what else does Bellator have thats gonna do any sort of good rating?

Nothing. Good fights they have nobody cares, Bellator has lost any momentum they had when Coker took over and people thought they would be competing with UFC etc.

Like dude said on first page, Bellator is just throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks.

Kickboxing/mma shows, boxing/mma shows, maybe TNA/MMA shows, freak show fights.

Its also come to the point I dont think people care anymore, people dont even care enough to get angry when Bellator does shit. thats bad.

nice, fuck replay bullshit

I purposefully didn't watch because of this shit

Not claiming Bellator is thriving but even the UFC event that week did poor numbers due to UFC 200 and other international fight week events.
It's a shame that people missed out because I realty enjoyed the card.

what did u guys expect? This card had no real draws. And it was on the opposite side of the globe on like 12 hour tape delay or some shit. Idk... Ratings are important as fuck I'm sure, but domestic ratings don't tell the full story.

Coker mentioned immediately after the event that they would like to go back to the uk, depending on how numbers looked across the pond. He didn't seem to concerned with us numbers...

Still shit numbers to the naked eye, but we only see the superficial shit as fans

Not surprised, I mean lets just be honest what else does Bellator have thats gonna do any sort of good rating?

Nothing. Good fights they have nobody cares, Bellator has lost any momentum they had when Coker took over and people thought they would be competing with UFC etc.

Like dude said on first page, Bellator is just throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks.

Kickboxing/mma shows, boxing/mma shows, maybe TNA/MMA shows, freak show fights.

Its also come to the point I dont think people care anymore, people dont even care enough to get angry when Bellator does shit. thats bad.

Yep I don't watch much of anything outside of the UFC I'll be the first to admit that. There have been a few promotions that have managed to get my attention though. WEC was the first, then strikeforce was doing so well you'd be dumb not to watch, even Bellator started to get me with Chandler and Alavarez. Since then though I've stopped and haven't watched. The whole Eddie Alvarez situation kind of put me off with them as well I didn't like what they did to him. I know UFC isn't perfect either but boycotting UFC is basically saying I'm not watching MMA anymore so it's not really an option.

it's honestly hard to give a shit about Bellator, I was one of those people who thought they would make some moves. It's Spike/Viacom who are the real shot callers, but Coker and his booker Rich are to blame too. They are trying to do stuff from Japan and the same kind of things they did in Strikeforce too, lots of squash fights etc. etc., people only talk about the good things from Strikeforce and yes there was lots of gold but there was also lots of turds too.

So, I personally feel Coker and his booker are outdated, they don't have the right ingredients to recreate history. There is only a couple fights there, I even care to see. I don't know what their future moves are, but I don't know how long this will sustain because Viacom wants ratings and numbers or turds like Kimbo vs. Dada, Ken vs. Kimbo, Royce vs. Ken Sapp would never have been built up above legitimate relevant fights like say championship fights. I know they are legends but they should not be the main event or co-main over their champions in 2016. Maybe others disagree, cool. I don't see the long picture how this builds the future stars or how this makes their organization, and titles credible when you have Dada vs. Kimbo hahaha on the headline.

Bellator is wasting money on guys like Bendo, Meathead, Thomson and Rampage and then not even promoting their fights. I'm a big MMA fan and even I forget when the Bellator fights are... I often stumble across them midway through the card.

Big name fights or not.... you got to set aside some money to promote the fights or hope the fighters can create some buzz themselves. Like Kimbo and Dada did... when they were arguing over who had bigger balls as embarrassing as that was it made a lot of press.

According to Ariel, the ticket sales for this card was terrible, most of the audience were given "upgrade" seats closer to the cage.

So much for MVP being huge in UK

Real
Casual fans straight up don't care about Bellator, the Houston gongshow destroyed there image of being taken seriously

Like a few other people said I don't think Coker is really the one responsible. That Kevin Kay seems to think he knows everything about mma cause he worked with the UFC. Personally I want see Bellator sold to showtime and let Coker promote fights on there like in strikeforce. Spike is a garbage channel and Bellator will fold in next few years if they stay there.
Really? I think Coker has a lot of say but he keeps trying to recreate the past and it just doesnt work anymore. Like the DYNAMITE shows, do you really think that the SPIKE execs knew wtf DYNAMITE even was before Coker came along? He was a kickboxing promoter lets not act like he didn't have input in that. he brought in GLORY which flopped so instead of ditching the kickboxing schtick he starts his own kickboxing promotion, with mma fighters. Now they're co-promoting with boxing? Another DYNAMITE type show. If they're gonna keep trying to push DYNAMITE they need to get rid of the cage and have mma in the ring if only for those events.

According to Ariel, the ticket sales for this card was terrible, most of the audience were given "upgrade" seats closer to the cage.

So much for MVP being huge in UK

Think of how much bigger he'd be if he was in UFC. He'd have gotten a spot on that Dana show which would have gotten him some buzz. UFC would promote him as next Anderson SIlva, he'd have been on the Silva/Bisping UK card which sold out.

He'd be fighting real WW by now so if he won impressively he'd be considered a legit WW instead of a can crusher.

This is unfortunate considering it was one of Bellator's better cards as of recent. Changes need to be made soon!

Throwing poo against a wall: We already know what sticks, a standard 5 fight (all MMA) main card with some names and a little bit of promo. Stop trying to make kickboxing happen in the US, IT WONT!

Helwani #'s: Let's wait for a credible source as opposed to an admitted shill.

Kimbo:Dead
Koscheck:Injured
Collosus:No new opponent
Godbear:Screwed by management
Vassel: Injured

THIS CARD WAS CURSED!

And i bet half of you didnt even see this crazy ass comeback

Back