Bellator 153: Koreshkov vs. Henderson 7pm ET Prelims/8pm ET Main Card Discussion

Cerrone in my opinion will most definitely follow the same fate as Benson at Welterweight.

Benson just needs to move down and have some fights, work for that Brooks title fight.

I'm sick of Venom Page. Seriously. Please fight someone good to validate your cockiness. If you beat good guys, I'm all for it, but until then, stahhhhp.

Man sucked to see Bendo get beat down like that. Ben had absolutely nothing for Andrey. Hope he moves back down after this, he was noticeably smaller.

its amazing that a 5'9 heavily muscled guy with MASSIVE legs is completely undersized at ww. Bendo cannot possibly fight at ww again he has ZERO striking at this point and can only absorb punishment to close distance. His only effective strike in both this and the Thatch fight were his leg kicks. he is tough as hell and man what a chin but he has no shot to beat any decent ww fighter. No shot at all. Koreshkov is an absolute beast and will probably hold that title for a while. His defensive wrestling is on another level.

Great performance by Koreshkov and great chin and heart by Bendo.

Very entertaining event overall. Page finish was impressive.

Couldn't watch live...dang, did Bendo get fucked up. I know Koreshkov is good but damn, this is a surprise. Yeah he was bigger but he kept landing those flying knees just like RDA did to Bendo.

Looks like Koreshkov gameplaned Bendo well. Huge props to Bendo for surviving, he ate some huge clean shots. Needs to drop to LW, Koreshkov is not Brandon Thatch.

Couldn't watch live...dang, did Bendo get fucked up. I know Koreshkov is good but damn, this is a surprise. Yeah he was bigger but he kept landing those flying knees just like RDA did to Bendo.

Looks like Koreshkov gameplaned Bendo well. Huge props to Bendo for surviving, he ate some huge clean shots. Needs to drop to LW, Koreshkov is not Brandon Thatch.
man those knees were really possible because koreshkov was basically able to walk bendo down and had his back against the fence for a huge portion of that fight. thoroughly impressed by the guy, and tbh before this fight was announced i had not realized how young he was. hopefully bellator can pick up some bigger ww names for koreshkov to fight. if they would be able to poach rousimar or even set up a askren rematch that would give koreshkov a chance to be the #1 ww outside zuffa.

btw they announced michael page vs fenando gonzalez for july 16th. the winner of that should be a good test for koreshkov as well.

I'm sick of Venom Page. Seriously. Please fight someone good to validate your cockiness. If you beat good guys, I'm all for it, but until then, stahhhhp.
I agree, but I don't think he's the one picking his opponents. Bellator is killing his career by feeding him bums and avoiding tough fights. A loss can be good for a fighter, so they know what they have to work on if they want to get better.

I know we disagree on the rematch but I am impressed and a bit surprised by how complimentary Bellator remains to Askren. I'm so used to Dana dropping fighters from the top 10 or saying they suck now and all of those types of things that it catches me off guard to see a company do the opposite.

Also a great video... I know with the lack of English it will be hard but I hope they manage to turn Koreshkov into a draw, his fighting style is so violent and fun to watch.

Last edited:
Back