Believe it or not, Buakaw has one of the weakest kicks in K-1.

College

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
My friend who is also a Muay Thai trainer came back from Thailand last month and got to train and train others at the Por Pramuk gym, and got to hold the pads for a lot of their fighters including Buakaw.

Anyway, he was telling me how Buakaw doesnt kick hard intentionally during training AND his fights.

He said every other people who he trained kicks much harder

He said(and I noticed too a long time ago) that Buakaw does not kick for power, but for speed and chains. This is because he whips his hips back BEFORE the shin lands. His speed is superior however.

He said the other fighters there, Orono and Namsaknoi hit VERY hard.

Many fighters who have fought Buakaw are also surprised about the lack of power. His speed however does work well and is definatly strong enough to hurt you/prevent you from attacking.

IMO Buakaws kick is pretty much like a TKD kick without chambering and more followthrough.

Im not saying Buakaw is a bad kicker, he is a great kicker, but his kicks are very weak compared to other Thailand or Muay Thai fighter.

So a TKD kick is the same thing just weaker? Im sorry, just trying to make sense of what you said about what "He Said".

So a TKD kick is the same thing just weaker? Im sorry, just trying to make sense of what you said about what "He Said".
its mechanics are different of course, like chambering and snapping.

Buakaw does not follow through his target long enough.

There is no doubt that he is the best kicker in k-1 right now, but just not the "hardest" like everything thinks he is

You're right. I don't believe you.

Which fighters said that he doesn't kick hard after fighting him?

And while your instructor may very well be telling the truth, how do we know that Buakaw wasn't taking it easy on the pads because of injury, periodisation, or some other reason. Or that he wasn't concentrating on speed and combination in these sessions.

No offense, but it sounds like you took a few pad workouts where Buakaw kicked lighter and imagined freely from there.

Can we at least have some sources for K1 fighters claiming he doesn't kick hard?

actually it makes some sense...

anyway, buakaws kicks > all

You're right. I don't believe you.

Which fighters said that he doesn't kick hard after fighting him?

And while your instructor may very well be telling the truth, how do we know that Buakaw wasn't taking it easy on the pads because of injury, periodisation, or some other reason. Or that he wasn't concentrating on speed and combination in these sessions.

No offense, but it sounds like you took a few pad workouts where Buakaw kicked lighter and imagined freely from there.

Can we at least have some sources for K1 fighters claiming he doesn't kick hard?

Albert Kraus said it twice after 2 fights with him and I remember jwp saying it too. Maybe you were right about injury but my friend never mentioned it, so im assuming its not.

I wouldnt have posted this if I didnt think it was true

your friend probably got kicked in the face and was pissed so now hes talkin smack.

My friend who is also a Muay Thai trainer came back from Thailand last month and got to train and train others at the Por Pramuk gym, and got to hold the pads for a lot of their fighters including Buakaw.

Anyway, he was telling me how Buakaw doesnt kick hard intentionally during training AND his fights.

He said(and I noticed too a long time ago) that Buakaw does not kick for power, but for speed and chains. This is because he whips his hips back BEFORE the shin lands. His speed is superior however.

Many fighters who have fought Buakaw are also surprised about the lack of power. His speed however does work well and is definatly strong enough to hurt you/prevent you from attacking.

IMO Buakaws kick is pretty much like a TKD kick without chambering and more followthrough.

Im not saying Buakaw is a bad kicker, he is a great kicker, but his kicks are very weak compared to other Thailand or Muay Thai fighter.

This sounds like bullshit to me. I'll believe it when I hear it strait out of the mouth of someone who's stepped into the ring with him.

Albert Kraus said it twice after 2 fights with him and I remember jwp saying it too. Maybe you were right about injury but my friend never mentioned it, so im assuming its not.

I wouldnt have posted this if I didnt think it was true

Eh, JWP and Kraus both beat him at one point so it's possible they could have said that... still his body kicks tore Masato up pretty badly. For a 155er they look pretty damn powerful to me.

So I see the majority of people on this site dont even know what Muay Thai is and believe whatever looks cool. Quite dissapointing.

Guess there no more point of arguing here

one of the weakest in K-1? are you joking there are a whole bunch of other fighters that have way weaker kicks than buakaw or maybe even all of them... you would never know cause your friend hasn't held the pads for every single K-1 fighter.

one of the weakest in K-1? are you joking there are a whole bunch of other fighters that have way weaker kicks than buakaw or maybe even all of them... you would never know cause your friend hasn't held the pads for every single K-1 fighter.

Almost every fighter has stronger kicks than Buakaw, even Kalakoda who is a boxer throws harder low kicks than him. Buakaw is the best kicker while he doesnt follow through, its still very efficient. People just generally think whoever is from thailand and trains in muay thai automatically have the strong kicks.

weak? i'd like to see you withstand a legkick from him.

You also stated in a different thread that Buakaw was the most overrated fighter of all time.

Seems like you have something against the guy.

since when do random joes get to hold pads for fighters like buakaw. you fell for it, he played you for a dumbass

I held pads for Bruce Lee the other day and his one inch punch is highly overrated!

My friend who is also a Muay Thai trainer came back from Thailand last month and got to train and train others at the Por Pramuk gym, He said the other fighters there, Orono and Namsaknoi hit VERY hard.

Well,Namsaknoi left PorPramuk gym a long time ago and i dont know which Orono you re reffering to,but still none of them(Oronos)is a part of PorPramuk gym.
And i really doubt your friend got to hold pads for pros like Buakaw and Orono and a coach which Namsaknoi is now.
So your story is a complete BS and someone should bann this fool!!!

Back