Bektic vs Ige

Rear Naked Toke

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
This was arguably the best fight on the main card, yet no one seems to be talking about it. Why is that?

Nobody is talking about the fact that this was basically GSP vs Khabib lite.

Ige being one of Khabib's main sparring partners and bektic being born from Firas.

I thought it was a great fight to. Good judging as well, I was worried they'd fuck it up somehow lol. Ige's striking was on point in the first, as was Bektic's top control in the second. Hope Dan gets a top 15 next.

Great fight. I was so mad with Bektic, he had the arm-triangle, why didn't he stepped over? I'm just salty...

64388-1846093.png

<DCrying>

Ige being one of Khabib's main sparring partners and bektic being born from Firas.
Aside from being training partners there is no comparison to this fight being like khabib and gsp.

Fair enough. Still though, it was pretty action packed, went a little bit of everywhere, and they were very well matched, and well rounded. Ige's on a nice little streak, Bektic could still make a name for himself.

Maybe I've just been around too long and appreciate a good MMA fight more so than name recognition. To each their own, just figured they at least deserved a mention on here.

Because Bektic should go to bellator and Ige the undercard

I thought it was a great fight to. Good judging as well, I was worried they'd fuck it up somehow lol. Ige's striking was on point in the first, as was Bektic's top control in the second. Hope Dan gets a top 15 next.
I agree, with all of that. He's put together a nice streak, is very well rounded, and should definitely be offered a top 15 his next time out.

Great fight. I was so mad with Bektic, he had the arm-triangle, why didn't he stepped over? I'm just salty...

64388-1846093.png

<DCrying>
I know right, it was likely a done deal if he would've just stepped over. Huge credit to Ige for not tapping and working his way out. A lot of guys would've tapped, even from that position.

I watched every fight. Didn't enjoy this one, Bektic is a hype job, Ige is okay and performed fairly well.
Fair enough, it's Sherdog, I was half expecting you to say you didn't watch lol. Happens a lot around here. Thanks for answering and not taking my question the wrong way.

Fair enough, it's Sherdog, I was half expecting you to say you didn't watch lol. Happens a lot around here. Thanks for answering and not taking my question the wrong way.
No worries, it probably was the most entertaining fight on the main card bar the main event, they seemed very well matched, and I was a little excited at the weigh ins when I saw how similar they looked. still didn't enjoy it, I was very drunk at that point though, but Bektic frustrates me.

This was arguably the best fight on the main card, yet no one seems to be talking about it. Why is that?
The Jones/Reyes fight, especially because of the controversial judging, stole a lot of thunder. And then the suspect judging seemed to be the number two topic. Agree with you that it was a great fight.

If this was a great fight you guys are fawning over anything
It was an alright fight. Nothing that I’d want to discuss at length.
But to call this a great fight is just bizarre.

and if this was the best fight on the main card you guys need to stop buying PPv cards like this for $60. Dollars.

you guys are keeping this shit afloat.

The Jones/Reyes fight, especially because of the controversial judging, stole a lot of thunder. And then the suspect judging seemed to be the number two topic. Agree with you that it was a great fight.
I was hoping a lot of the responses were going to point to the botched scorecards overshadowing it. Still, that's unfortunate, as these guys are getting little to no recognition from fans after such a good fight.

It was a good fight, I thought Dan would get a finish because Bektic was finished before with a jab... But Bektic actually absorbed some good shots this time.

If this was a great fight you guys are fawning over anything
It was an alright fight. Nothing that I’d want to discuss at length.
But to call this a great fight is just bizarre.

and if this was the best fight on the main card you guys need to stop buying PPv cards like this for $60. Dollars.

you guys are keeping this shit afloat.
Of the fights on the main card, please name a better one. I watch MMA because MMA. If you're basing potential fight quality simply on name recognition, you've missed a lot of great fights. And the last card I paid for was UFC 56.

Back