Before Hendo fight ppl said Jones would murder DC, after Hendo fight however...

Kwic

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
people either say it's gonna be a competitive fight or that DC will ragdoll Jones, lol.
Of course there are also those who believe and believed in Jones.

I remember saying a while back that I will be truly impressed with Jones when he wins with DC and more so, if he finishes him, because I believed that DC is a total beast.
The majority of people were laughing and saying that DC has nothing for Jones and that he will get destroyed. And that was after Big Foot and Barnett fight, so it should already be telling.
Now he destroys a LHW in Dan Henderson and people are changing their tune, lol. Really? For me, it's more telling that he destroyed Big Foot and ragdolled Josh than ragdolling Hendo.

I also see tons of beast in Romero. A lot of people are acting like he will get destroyed by any top 10, I don't think so.

I don't have a doubt in my mind that DC would take Jones down or land a big shot.

When it comes to covering distance, few do it better than DC.

I don't have a doubt in my mind that DC would take Jones down or land a big shot.

I completely agree.

I don't think people are changing their tune that much.

Here's the deal- after BF and Barnett, a lot of people fully believed in DC at that point. A few didn't know how he'd cope with cutting to LHW. Others didn't believe in him at all.

The Cummins fight changed literally nothing- it didn't prove anything.

The Hendo fight, however, did showcase DCs strength and conditioning at LHW- which was the only real question mark. Did dropping down affect him at all? And it looks like the answer is a resounding no. Dude is still strong as fuck, and with decent conditioning. So a few people that were doubting how he'd cope with the cut got their answer.

But in general people's opinions haven't changed drastically, there's still a 50/50 polarisation in people that think he's going to win, and people that don't, and it's generally the same as a year ago. Unless he fights and thrashes the shit out of Rashad/Gus/Glover, I don't see that changing- just get the damn fight on!

people either say it's gonna be a competitive fight or that DC will ragdoll Jones, lol.
Of course there are also those who believe and believed in Jones.

I remember saying a while back that I will be truly impressed with Jones when he wins with DC and more so, if he finishes him, because I believed that DC is a total beast.
The majority of people were laughing and saying that DC has nothing for Jones and that he will get destroyed. And that was after Big Foot and Barnett fight, so it should already be telling.
Now he destroys a LHW in Dan Henderson and people are changing their tune, lol. Really? For me, it's more telling that he destroyed Big Foot and ragdolled Josh than ragdolling Hendo.

I also see tons of beast in Romero. A lot of people are acting like he will get destroyed by any top 10, I don't think so.

Oh yeah, and props for this too. I totally agree, Romero is a great matchup against Weidman, and I would kill to see that. Only problem is time is really not on his side, even less so than DC, so he needs to do it fast. He's still in great shape, but if he doesn't get into title contention within a year I think it might be too late, which would be a shame.

Guy looks like a straight-up killer, and he's got the credentials to back it up.

I don't think people are changing their tune that much.

Here's the deal- after BF and Barnett, a lot of people fully believed in DC at that point. A few didn't know how he'd cope with cutting to LHW. Others didn't believe in him at all.

The Cummins fight changed literally nothing- it didn't prove anything.

The Hendo fight, however, did showcase DCs strength and conditioning at LHW- which was the only real question mark. Did dropping down affect him at all? And it looks like the answer is a resounding no. Dude is still strong as fuck, and with decent conditioning. So a few people that were doubting how he'd cope with the cut got their answer.

But in general people's opinions haven't changed drastically, there's still a 50/50 polarisation in people that think he's going to win, and people that don't, and it's generally the same as a year ago. Unless he fights and thrashes the shit out of Rashad/Gus/Glover, I don't see that changing- just get the damn fight on!

Good post, but I'm seeing a huge change in people's opinion about DC, and a lot of these opinions are just about take downs. Before, DC couldn't touch Jones, bcoz he was too short. He didn't get any taller and now people are saying his wresting is off the charts after Hendo fight and that he will for sure take JOnes down ;)
But what you say about conditioning is of course true. Many people doubted also his strength, if it remains the same. So those people, yes, they changed their mind rightfully after watching the Hendo fight.

Oh yeah, and props for this too. I totally agree, Romero is a great matchup against Weidman, and I would kill to see that. Only problem is time is really not on his side, even less so than DC, so he needs to do it fast. He's still in great shape, but if he doesn't get into title contention within a year I think it might be too late, which would be a shame.

Guy looks like a straight-up killer, and he's got the credentials to back it up.

I agree. People are doubting him because of the Derek fight, but hey, maybe Derek is just a very good fighter himself? Not everyone that is not known sucks.
And about Romero's age, I think his longevity will be a bit longer than average because he didn't get hit in the head millions of time in sparing as he started MMA late. His strength and athleticism should be there in 3 years too, based on how he looks now.
I think he may still have a shot :)

Land a big shot ehh... Couldn't land one on Hendo.. the slowest fighter DC probably fought.

I disagree with this thread...I'm not really seeing a huge change in people's opinon. The people that think he would get smashed by Jones, most likely still do

Land a big shot ehh... Couldn't land one on Hendo.. the slowest fighter DC probably fought.

Hendo is also a lot more dangerous than Jones in terms of fight-changing KO power. Jones might be a beast, but he doesn't have a lethal strike to suddenly KO you- with the possible exception of his spinning back elbow, which is a lot easier to prepare for.

DC knows his title shot is right there for the taking, he doesn't want to screw up and get KO'd when he's right on the brink. I don't blame him for fighting Hendo as safe as he could- showcasing his wrestling, his standup, his GnP in the process.

I disagree with this thread...I'm not really seeing a huge change in people's opinon. The people that think he would get smashed by Jones, most likely still do

I can't convince you if you haven't seen any changes, but maybe you were just "unlucky" and didn't see the posts. I can see a huge change. Or maybe it's not a change, maybe people who didn't post earlier, started to give some props to DC.
I'm sure that JOnes' hardcore supporters still say he is gonna destroy DC, I agree (with you).

Hendo is also a lot more dangerous than Jones in terms of fight-changing KO power. Jones might be a beast, but he doesn't have a lethal strike to suddenly KO you- with the possible exception of his spinning back elbow, which is a lot easier to prepare for.

DC knows his title shot is right there for the taking, he doesn't want to screw up and get KO'd when he's right on the brink. I don't blame him for fighting Hendo as safe as he could- showcasing his wrestling, his standup, his GnP in the process.

This.
It's not really that hard to reason it out...

Absolutely. TS is making some shit up.

Anybody that thinks DC will defeat Jones started thinking that because of his HWs fights.

Absolutely. TS is making some shit up.

Anybody that thinks DC will defeat Jones started thinking that because of his HWs fights.

Perhaps, but then it would mean that 80% of them didn't express their opinion about Jones vs DC fight before, and now they do. I just see a huge change in the AMOUNT of people that give DC more chances now. But who those people are, I don't know.

people gonna be crค้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้zy

Pretty sure people were saying DC would murder Jones before he even dropped down to LHW.

Pretty sure people were saying DC would murder Jones before he even dropped down to LHW.

Of course. But there are more people now who give him a good chance, before I was seeing more about how Jones is gonna destroy him than how DC is gonna destroy Jones. A lot more. But let's call it a thread, bcoz I think no new arguments will emerge :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back