before bed?

chuteboxfan7

White Belt
Reaction score
whats a good thing to eat before bed or shake to make?and how long before bed should i eat/drink it?any help is greatly appriciated

Uh...need some more info buddy. What are your goals? Gaining muscle (sounds like it), or losing weight? How much poundage are you looking to put on or lose? How big are you? What is your current diet and exercise regime like?

That said, I'll take a shot in the dark. I'm guessing you're trying to bulk up, in which case a casein protein shake (as opposed to whey) is good before bed, really as close to bedtime as you want as long as it doesn't keep you up. You could also add a little bit of simple carbs (not too much, or you'll get fat) to that to trigger the insulin. Some shakes already have that though.

Cottage cheese... all you need to know my friend.

Uh...need some more info buddy. What are your goals? Gaining muscle (sounds like it), or losing weight? How much poundage are you looking to put on or lose? How big are you? What is your current diet and exercise regime like?

That said, I'll take a shot in the dark. I'm guessing you're trying to bulk up, in which case a casein protein shake (as opposed to whey) is good before bed, really as close to bedtime as you want as long as it doesn't keep you up. You could also add a little bit of simple carbs (not too much, or you'll get fat) to that to trigger the insulin. Some shakes already have that though.

sorry.to get bigger but still be lean.any brand reccomendations?

Casein and cottage cheese are good recommendations. I also like to have some almonds along with my source of (slow-digesting) protein; especially if you're bulking, almonds or other healthy nuts are great fats to have before bed.

depending on the rest of your diet it could be anything, personally i would go with protein or protein and fat like some eggs. This depends on a lot. Casein protein would be easy though, or a custom mix.

Cottage cheese & casein to keep the me.tabolism running.

I go one of two ways each night:

Muscle Milk

OR

Egg Whites
Cottage Cheese
Touch of Safflower Mayo
Almonds

Back