Before Bed?

Well depends on what your diet is, your goals, metablisom etc....

all huge factors not to mention what your eating?

i always eat alittle snatch before bed since it has no calories or sodium,watch out for the hairs cause i heard they have some sugers in them

jerseygrappler said:
i always eat alittle snatch before bed since it has no calories or sodium,watch out for the hairs cause i heard they have some sugers in them

Snatch is high in sodium!

My diet is pretty healthy. How would it affect your metabolism?

I generally eat an apple or some blueberries, crap like that.

lol, Sonny, snatch IS high in sodium.

Well, I've read that if you eat a big meal just b4 you go to bed then, due to the fact that your metabolism is slower when ur sleeping, a greater proportion of your food will be stored as body fat. Nevertheless you shouldn't go to bed on an emply stomach either. The best choise is to eat maybe 30-45 mins b4 sleep, and the greater part of what you eat to b protein (your body can't really use a lot of carbs while sleeping but protein can be very useful for building or repairing muscle tissue).

Having written the above I must say that although I had been following those lines for the last two years, during the last couple of months I have been eating a huge meal just b4 going to bed every morning (because I work at a night club so I come home really hungry!). I don't think this is the best thing but so far I haven't noticed any castastrophic consequences. In any case, 4 optimum results I would suggest u follow the above :)though

There are different kinds of protein. You want casein protein before you sleep as it breaks down over a longer period of time. Whey generally is digested faster then most. Milk contains a lot of casein protein along with cottage cheese.

If you are to eat something before bed cottage cheese would be a great addition... im still working on it as i dont like the taste of it but the people on this board seem to love it

I can only eat about a 1/4 cup maybe a bit more of cottage cheese, I feel sick after that.

If you're trying to lose weight, yes. I wouldn't take anything more than 1-2 scoops of casein or a single serving of a whole food containing it.

they say its bad, but i do it all the time, but i work my ass off through out the week

for prissy people who do nothing and don't want to do anything to lose wieght, it's a bad thing.

For an overactive athlete i would say it's the best time to eat.

lol, I'm not a prissy person and I do stuff to lose weight. I'm just trying to get an edge on losing these last pounds I think that I can drop.

I take two scoops of a miccelar casein WPC mix along with 1tbsp of flax oil.

LCDforMe said:
lol, I'm not a prissy person and I do stuff to lose weight. I'm just trying to get an edge on losing these last pounds I think that I can drop.

If you are trying to drop weight, then I would eat very little before bed. I slam a half a container of Cottage cheese, flax seed oil, and some green tea, but I'm trying to put on weight.

I go for a protein shake before bed, enough to fill you up and give you the protein you need while sleeping. You also want to eat as soon as you get up. Kick start your metab. as early as possible. I eat a ceral bar as soon as I wake and then porridge once I'm at work.

As for green tea, I take mine in the morning as I'm a sucker for caffeine. No chance of getting off to sleep if I've even sniffed the stuff. If I stick to no caffeine after 6pm, I'm normally off like a baby.

Back