becoming Lighter On Feet

BadR

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I know here is alot of people who not only watch then train some sort of martial art or fighting sport. Just need little advice

I gained ~5kg's and im not satisfyed with speed , my feets are heavy somehow. I want to be faster so what type of exercises and training regimes i can do to improove not including basics like shaddo boxing and rope ?

I would like that kickboxers write me theres training programs for 3 months.

I Wish you good day

If you want to be light on your feet, ultimately, what it comes down to is sport specific exercises like skipping, shadow sparring, kickboxing. Do this three to four times a week accompanied with a good diet and you will achieve your goals.

Anaerobic exercises you may want to do that can assist in muscle developement are sprints, squats, deadlifts, abdominal/core work.

If you want to be light on your feet, ultimately, what it comes down to is sport specific exercises like skipping, shadow sparring, kickboxing. Do this three to four times a week accompanied with a good diet and you will achieve your goals.

Anaerobic exercises you may want to do that can assist in muscle developement are sprints, squats, deadlifts, abdominal/core work.

Deadlift can make problem. Biceps femoris get shorter and when you stretch it go harder

Thank you friend. Are you kickboxer or.. ?

deadlifts are good.. but I'm not big on lifting for boxers anyways.. but if you are just doing a weight program, deadlifts and squats are two of the best exercises you can do. Read the New Rules to Weight Lifting.. great book

as far as getting light on your feet.. here are a few suggestions

1. Jump rope..I hate it, but it works

2. Play basketball a lot. This will actually make you lighter on your feet and improve your coordination.

3. My coach used to spin us when we were running. So we would jog a mile normal and then he woulld call out "turn right or left" at random times.. that meant a 90 degree turn each call. So with the first turn we were side shuffling, making sure to fully cross the back foot over the front. Turn again meant we were jogging backwards.. and so on

Jump rope, jump rope, jump rope.

Also ladders:

SPEED%20AGILITY%20LADDERS.jpg

Many sports use these to get the athletes' feet quicker and lighter. It should help.

JUMP ROPE!!! 30 minutes a day ATLEAST

put on some good music.... bounce to the rhythm and dont think about roping.

and tire flipping, dead lifts are great for boxing.

Agility drills! You can find them on youtube. Also, see if you can find some sort of a speed coach. I used the strength shoes back in the day and took .2 seconds off my 40dash time.

Back