Beautiful ballerina/Ice skating roundhouse kick.

"Roundhouse" Oy Vey. what target in your head were you aiming at exactly when you threw this kick?
200w_d (7).gif

How many people can do that yet be stiff as a board flexibility wise? I can't even approach doing splits.

How about that:cool:

Using forward momentum I get it up that high. I can't do it slow.

How many people can do that yet be stiff as a board flexibility wise? I can't even approach doing splits.

How about that:cool:

Using forward momentum I get it up that high. I can't do it slow.

Example of dynamic flexability over static

Yup. I would like to know how that works.

"Stretches are either dynamic (meaning they involve motion) or static (meaning they involve no motion). Dynamic stretches affect dynamic flexibility and static stretches affect static flexibility (and dynamic flexibility to some degree)."

Static flexibility is more slow like you said dynamic flexibility is what youre eluding to

"Stretches are either dynamic (meaning they involve motion) or static (meaning they involve no motion). Dynamic stretches affect dynamic flexibility and static stretches affect static flexibility (and dynamic flexibility to some degree)."

Static flexibility is more slow like you said dynamic flexibility is what youre eluding to

That doesn't explain how it works mechanically. Most people can't use forward momentum to get their leg up that high, so why can I?

That doesn't explain how it works mechanically. Most people can't use forward momentum to get their leg up that high, so why can I?

Dynamic= involving motion (eg. flicking out a side kick high and fast)
Static=lacking in movement, action, or change (eg. Holding a side kick and slowly moving it upward)
Flexibility= the ability of a joint or series of joints to move through an unrestricted, pain free range of motion.

If anyone does it quickly they are in fact using momentum to get it that high

Static=lacking in movement, action, or change (eg. Holding a side kick and slowly moving it upward)
Flexibility= the ability of a joint or series of joints to move through an unrestricted, pain free range of motion.

So you're saying anyone who can kick my speed, with the exact same technique, will reach that height? Don't believe it.

So you're saying anyone who can kick my speed, with the exact same technique, will reach that height? Don't believe it.

Not once did i say that. Im saying if they kick the same speed with the same technique they will be using momentum to do so. height was kinda irrelevant to what i was saying.

Im just trying to explain how dynamic and static flexibility work because you said you wanted to know more. Let me know if you cant understand me im in reality so things might get lost in translation

Not once did i say that. Im saying if they kick the same speed with the same technique they will be using momentum to do so. height was kinda irrelevant to what i was saying.

Im just trying to explain how dynamic and static flexibility work because you said you wanted to know more. Let me know if you cant understand me im in reality so things might get lost in translation

You haven't explained anything about how it's accomplished. You reiterated basic definitions - dynamic = "involving motions", and defined it circularly "dynamic stretches affect dynamic flexibility". Duh!

You haven't explained anything about how it's accomplished.

If i said dynamic means involving motion and that dynamic stretches affect dynamic flexibility would you not piece together that stretches involving movement (ie. leg swings or arm circles) would make you more dynamically flexible?

Static means lacking in action and it affects static flexibility so stretches involving little to no movement (ie. holding splits or the classic runners quad stretch) would help you accomplish more static flexibility

You reiterated basic definitions - dynamic = "involving motions", and defined it circularly "dynamic stretches affect dynamic flexibility". Duh!

Are you failing to troll again or can you actually no comprehend what im trying to say because within that quote is exactly how to accomplish dynamic flexibility

If i said dynamic means involving motion and that dynamic stretches affect dynamic flexibility would you not piece together that stretches involving movement (ie. leg swings or arm circles) would make you more dynamically flexible?

Static means lacking in action and it affects static flexibility so stretches involving little to no movement (ie. holding splits or the classic runners quad stretch) would help you accomplish more static flexibility

Are you failing to troll again or can you actually no comprehend what im trying to say because within that quote is exactly how to accomplish dynamic flexibility

It doesn't explain physiologically how a stiff body can produce flexible results. It is an empty statement. You could have might as well said "training".

Why didn't you make a video?
{<huh}

It doesn't explain physiologically how a stiff body can produce flexible results. It is an empty statement. You could have might as well said "training".

How can a stiff body produce flexible results: by being dynamically flexible (eg. you can kick high fast but not slow and controlled)

You could have might as well said "training"
well...that is the short answer im trying to expand. if a person with a stiff body tried to do that kick without any prior training they could not

What does it mean to be dynamically flexible? google is your homie

Last edited:
Back