BBJ schools in Dallas

cazzo

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I am almost finished with nursing school and I want to get back into BJJ. I was looking for people's opinion on a good school to go to in or around Dallas. I went to Carlos Machado's school when I first moved here, but it is just too expensive for me. I hear that Saekson's gym also does BJJ, but I don't know who the teacher is. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Bro, not sure where you live but The Academy Of Brazilian JuJitsu in Lewisville (972) 353-0770 has good prices and the instuctor got his black belt through Carlos and his prices are really reasonable. I highly recommend it!

tons of places there..NDBJJ, Travis Lutters, Mohlers, Star jiu jitsu, ..are a few of the top of my head

www.txmma.com will have a directory with alot more info or you could ask on the forums there for personal experience.

Golddoor said:
Bro, not sure where you live but The Academy Of Brazilian JuJitsu in Lewisville (972) 353-0770 has good prices and the instuctor got his black belt through Carlos and his prices are really reasonable. I highly recommend it!

Yeah, I have heard good things about that place, unfortunately it is too far away.

TJS said:
tons of places there..NDBJJ, Travis Lutters, Mohlers, Star jiu jitsu, ..are a few of the top of my head

www.txmma.com will have a directory with alot more info or you could ask on the forums there for personal experience.

I have looked at the website. Thanks. I guess I was looking for a personal recommendation.

What part of the metroplex do you live?

Carlos Machado. Might as well save up and learn from the best in the area.

North Dallas BJJ run by JD Shelly is a good BJJ gym and has a really well rounded schedule. I really respect their gym and would consider going their if I lived closer. If you're interested in some good MMA there's the Lion's Den run by Guy Mezger. They are a MMA gym but their guys do pretty good in BJJ tourney's. A little outside Dallas there is Star Jiu-jitsu in Carrolton run by Yousef Alirezai who has over 250 gold medals in wrestling and BJJ. Garland is close to Saekson's which I would consider but mostly because Im a Muay Thai freak and I train with some of their guys. I think their BJJ instructor is from Star but Im not sure. Those are the places I recommend off the top of my head. I would go to each one for some free lessons to see for yourself. I went to like 5 BJJ gyms before I made my decision.

Back