BBB (Good, Pretty and Cheaper) Double end bag

alpontigo

White Belt
Reaction score
Just go on ebay and buy one for like 16 bucks. They're all the same thing. If you don't like the adjustment of the bungees- tie knots in them or go out to a hardware store and buy a bungee chord variety pack and mix them around until you like the reflex/height. Remember you will have to anchor the bottom also...

Hi Alpontigo,

For your first set of links (double end bags), I'd recommend going with the 1st link. The 7" would probably be a good size to start with as well. If you're just starting with double end bag training, 9" is ideal.. but you'll desire a smaller bag as you increase in skill. IMO it makes things easier to start with something right in the middle.

The 2nd link is the Title Platinum Double End Bag. It's a little larger.. but the downside (compared to the other one) is that it has a permanent bladder. So if you plan on using this bag for awhile.. and want to put in a new bladder at some point.. you're going to have a heck of a time making the switch.

The 3rd link is the same bag in the 2nd link. The only difference is that 3rd link includes the "pro double end bag kit". The kit has hooks, bungee, nylon strap (adjustable, which can be nice). The adjustable strap is helpful if there's multiple people (at different heights) using the bag. It's much easier to adjust the nylon strap through the buckle.. than to undo a bunch of knots you tied. If you do decide to go with the pro kit.. make sure you don't try and adjust the height of the bag once it's already hanging tightly. The plastic buckle is meant to be adjusted when there's minimal tension.

The kit that's shown in the 1st link.. that doesn't have the adjustable strap.. but it does have floor/ceiling mounts. If you're able to mount something to your ceiling/floor then they work great. If you can only attach them to the ceiling.. and can't drill into your floor - you can purchase an Everlast Double End Bag Anchor (portable, filled with water). Though in all honesty, you'd be better off attaching it to a 25 lb plate.. or a dumbbell. There's plenty of solutions you can come up with - instead of spending $20 - $30 on a portable anchor.

If you do decide to buy your own bungees, try and avoid using your typical "car bungee". IMO I like a bungee with slightly less tension. That way the bag gets a little more swing/stretch when you strike it. Just don't do it too much, or else you'll end up with a very slow return whenever you strike the bag.

I hope some of this information was helpful.

Hi Alpontigo,

For your first set of links (double end bags), I'd recommend going with the 1st link. The 7" would probably be a good size to start with as well. If you're just starting with double end bag training, 9" is ideal.. but you'll desire a smaller bag as you increase in skill. IMO it makes things easier to start with something right in the middle.

The 2nd link is the Title Platinum Double End Bag. It's a little larger.. but the downside (compared to the other one) is that it has a permanent bladder. So if you plan on using this bag for awhile.. and want to put in a new bladder at some point.. you're going to have a heck of a time making the switch.

The 3rd link is the same bag in the 2nd link. The only difference is that 3rd link includes the "pro double end bag kit". The kit has hooks, bungee, nylon strap (adjustable, which can be nice). The adjustable strap is helpful if there's multiple people (at different heights) using the bag. It's much easier to adjust the nylon strap through the buckle.. than to undo a bunch of knots you tied. If you do decide to go with the pro kit.. make sure you don't try and adjust the height of the bag once it's already hanging tightly. The plastic buckle is meant to be adjusted when there's minimal tension.

The kit that's shown in the 1st link.. that doesn't have the adjustable strap.. but it does have floor/ceiling mounts. If you're able to mount something to your ceiling/floor then they work great. If you can only attach them to the ceiling.. and can't drill into your floor - you can purchase an Everlast Double End Bag Anchor (portable, filled with water). Though in all honesty, you'd be better off attaching it to a 25 lb plate.. or a dumbbell. There's plenty of solutions you can come up with - instead of spending $20 - $30 on a portable anchor.

If you do decide to buy your own bungees, try and avoid using your typical "car bungee". IMO I like a bungee with slightly less tension. That way the bag gets a little more swing/stretch when you strike it. Just don't do it too much, or else you'll end up with a very slow return whenever you strike the bag.

I hope some of this information was helpful.

Thanks for respond, I'm waiting that some work partner trip to USA (they do this all years) to buy a Double end bag.

Kind Regards

Back