• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BATMAN V SUPERMAN 8.0 (First Trailer Officially Released!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck, AGAIN?! Probably thinks it'll be revolutionary to show it in IMAX.

I think that the scene of bruce's parents death will be a flashback,during a scene of when batman is telling superman why he does what he does.

I'm hoping for a opening similar to Watchmen for this movie. With Zack Snyder displaying the different exploits of Superman (since Man of Steel) and the genesis of Batman.
[YT]aVUDdQS2UxA[/YT]

Still believe this movie is a masterpiece.

Update: November 15, 2014

Watch the Fan-Made BATMAN VS. IRON MAN Part I

[YT]Lw2WM3597io[/YT]

I think they are referring to the plot line of Bruces parents being shot - so the old style Gotham maybe from when Bruce was a kid.

I think Mask of Zoro was the movie Bruce and his parents were attending the night they got murdered.

So that might be a pictures from Gotham in the 60's - considering batman will be in his 40's during the present time of the film.

If so; Really Mr Snyder? Do we really need batman's origin story in this movie? It's been done, man.

The Nerd is strong with this one. You are correct, sir.:cool:

although in some interpretations it has been the Lone Ranger as well

I always thought it was Mark of Zorro traditionally.

Can I make a suggestion? It might just be me but the reason I don't come in here a lot anymore is because there's set photos for what looks like every single scene of the movie.

I understand the odd scene here and there but I don't want to know about every new photo that the websites publish each day.

Again, it might just be me but personally I don't want to see every scene that's filmed outdoors, I'd like to save some for the movie.

I always thought it was Mark of Zorro traditionally.

Can I make a suggestion? It might just be me but the reason I don't come in here a lot anymore is because there's set photos for what looks like every single scene of the movie.

I understand the odd scene here and there but I don't want to know about every new photo that the websites publish each day.

Again, it might just be me but personally I don't want to see every scene that's filmed outdoors, I'd like to save some for the movie.

It's a fair suggestion. I've decided to take some step back from posting Batman v Superman news. I just got additional information about the scenes that will be shot in New Mexico but it might spoil an important plot in the movie so I won't post it.
I fully expect some news outlets to report about aforementioned scenes. So be careful what you read.........

Update: November 26, 2014

THE PRESTIGE Author Calls DARK KNIGHT Trilogy "Pretentious"

The-Dark-Knight-Rises-Set-Nolan-112614-Dragonlord.jpg

Christopher Priest: "I’ve only ever had one meeting with him [Nolan], when the film was finished. Because I wasn’t very interested in him. We all have different points of view on the world. To the world he’s this great, innovative filmmaker; to me, he was a kid who wanted to get into Hollywood. We got three offers [for The Prestige], one was from Sam Mendes who just made American Beauty.

"Word got back to Nolan or his wife, who is his producer, and I got message, email or something, that said 'there's a motorbike on its way, don't decide anything!' And so an hour later a motorbike came to my house and gave me a VHS of Following and there was a note on it that said 'watch this film and try to imagine what the filmmaker can do with a Hollywood facilities behind him.' So I watched the film, and I took a chance and decided that Nolan was probably going to be good, and so I selected Nolan over Mendes. I don't think he knows that."

"I think its probably his best film, [along] with Memento. Of the films he's made, those two are supreme. I don't like his other work, I think its shallow and badly written. I mean, I've got kids who like superheroes and they think the Batman films are boring and pretentious, they like things like The Avengers and Iron Man because they're fun. Its a wrong move to take a superhero and give it psychological realism. There is no psychological realism. He's a bodybuilder who jumps off buildings. I'm sorry I feel really strongly about this."

"And every now and then the guy jumps off the building on a rope, and they watch it and go, 'Woo!' Then they lose interest. To me, that’s a real major lack of judgment in Nolan, to go for superhero films. I feel this very strongly. Priest concludes by offering Nolan some advice. What he's trying to be is some kind of modern Kubrick. And I think he'd be better off being a modern Hitchcock, basically. A maker of well-made films like Memento and The Prestige. And these blockbusters are just embarrassing, I think. I haven't seen the new one yet."

Christian Bale Was Never In Talks To Play BATMAN Again After The DARK KNIGHT RISES
the-dark-knight-rises-christian-bale-batman-bruce-wayne-.jpg

While talking with the Esquire Magazine, Christian Bale revealed that he was never offered Bond before Daniel Craig as well as the Batman role before Ben Affleck, "No. I’ve never heard of that. Equally untrue about them coming to me for Batman, before Ben Affleck." He also told if he thinks it was the right decision for the role as the caped crusader to be passed on, "Yes. I think it’s the right decision. People were talking about this obscene amount of money they were saying was thrown at me." He then tells that he was never in talks to play the Dark Knight one more time after the final film in the Nolan trilogy (The Dark Knight Rises), "No. I didn’t have a single conversation with anybody about ever playing the role again." So that denies all the old rumors by certain sources (Latino Review), that Christian Bale was set to return as the Bat.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/TheSewer/news/?a=111837

Bale is the best actor to play Batman, he's a spitting image of Bruce Wayne. Yet his performance in all three movies was underwhelming. I don't blame him. I think the character was written somewhat poorly and most of the character focus was on the villains.

Christopher Priest: "I’ve only ever had one meeting with him [Nolan], when the film was finished. Because I wasn’t very interested in him. We all have different points of view on the world. To the world he’s this great, innovative filmmaker; to me, he was a kid who wanted to get into Hollywood. We got three offers [for The Prestige], one was from Sam Mendes who just made American Beauty.

"Word got back to Nolan or his wife, who is his producer, and I got message, email or something, that said 'there's a motorbike on its way, don't decide anything!' And so an hour later a motorbike came to my house and gave me a VHS of Following and there was a note on it that said 'watch this film and try to imagine what the filmmaker can do with a Hollywood facilities behind him.' So I watched the film, and I took a chance and decided that Nolan was probably going to be good, and so I selected Nolan over Mendes. I don't think he knows that."

"I think its probably his best film, [along] with Memento. Of the films he's made, those two are supreme. I don't like his other work, I think its shallow and badly written. I mean, I've got kids who like superheroes and they think the Batman films are boring and pretentious, they like things like The Avengers and Iron Man because they're fun. Its a wrong move to take a superhero and give it psychological realism. There is no psychological realism. He's a bodybuilder who jumps off buildings. I'm sorry I feel really strongly about this."

"And every now and then the guy jumps off the building on a rope, and they watch it and go, 'Woo!' Then they lose interest. To me, that’s a real major lack of judgment in Nolan, to go for superhero films.
I feel this very strongly. Priest concludes by offering Nolan some advice. What he's trying to be is some kind of modern Kubrick. And I think he'd be better off being a modern Hitchcock, basically. A maker of well-made films like Memento and The Prestige. And these blockbusters are just embarrassing, I think. I haven't seen the new one yet."

I have to say I agree with him on the highlighted. As his joker said, "Why so serious?".

Bale is the best actor to play Batman, he's a spitting image of Bruce Wayne. Yet his performance in all three movies was underwhelming. I don't blame him. I think the character was written somewhat poorly and most of the character focus was on the villains.

Ben Affleck is the spitting image of Batman even more so than Bale. Physically he fits Batman better than any A-lister I can think of. For the acting part we will have to wait 'till 2016.

"And every now and then the guy jumps off the building on a rope, and they watch it and go, 'Woo!' Then they lose interest. To me, that’s a real major lack of judgment in Nolan, to go for superhero films. I feel this very strongly. Priest concludes by offering Nolan some advice. What he's trying to be is some kind of modern Kubrick. And I think he'd be better off being a modern Hitchcock, basically. A maker of well-made films like Memento and The Prestige. And these blockbusters are just embarrassing, I think. I haven't seen the new one yet."

Man, the guy (Nolan) has one quasi bust and the creeps come crawling out of the wood work. Where was this twat when Inception came out? He must be angry Nolan hasn't adapted any of his other material.
His comments about Superhero films/books are exactly what smug pretentious literary types have been saying about the genre since it was just pulp.

Last edited:
Update: December 2, 2014

New Details on KGBeast, The Joker for BATMAN V SUPERMAN

Joker-Batman-v-Superman-120214-Dragonlord.jpg

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice will establish the wider DC Universe on the big screen, and by the time the movie is over we'll have met Aquaman, The Flash, Cyborg, Lex Luthor and Doomsday. Badass Digest stresses out that Doomsday is indeed in the film. But will there be other characters introduced? Will there be any Easter eggs for the hardcore fans? The answer is yes.

Lex Luthor has many agents making his dark agenda a reality, an agenda that includes keeping an eye on all metahumans, mainly a woman who walks the streets today but who is seen in pictures from the 1800s. A Wonder Woman, you might say. That might just confirm those reports that Wonder Woman's movie will be set in the 1920s.

At any rate, one of Luthor's agents has a name, and that name is Anatoli Knyazev. Hardcore fans will recognize that as the name of the KGBeast, a Batman villain introduced in 1988's classic Ten Nights of the Beast storyline. You won't see this version of KGBeast in the movie, but the character name is there - in the script at least. And lastly, the Joker already exists in this DC Cinematic Universe, and Superman knows about him. But the Joker doesn't appear onscreen in this movie though.

New Details on KGBeast, The Joker in Batman V Superman; Doomsday Confirmed

Update: December 2, 2014

New Details on KGBeast, The Joker for BATMAN V SUPERMAN

Joker-Batman-v-Superman-120214-Dragonlord.jpg

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice will establish the wider DC Universe on the big screen, and by the time the movie is over we'll have met Aquaman, The Flash, Cyborg, Lex Luthor and Doomsday. Badass Digest stresses out that Doomsday is indeed in the film. But will there be other characters introduced? Will there be any Easter eggs for the hardcore fans? The answer is yes.

Lex Luthor has many agents making his dark agenda a reality, an agenda that includes keeping an eye on all metahumans, mainly a woman who walks the streets today but who is seen in pictures from the 1800s. A Wonder Woman, you might say. That might just confirm those reports that Wonder Woman's movie will be set in the 1920s.

At any rate, one of Luthor's agents has a name, and that name is Anatoli Knyazev. Hardcore fans will recognize that as the name of the KGBeast, a Batman villain introduced in 1988's classic Ten Nights of the Beast storyline. You won't see this version of KGBeast in the movie, but the character name is there - in the script at least. And lastly, the Joker already exists in this DC Cinematic Universe, and Superman knows about him. But the Joker doesn't appear onscreen in this movie though.

New Details on KGBeast, The Joker in Batman V Superman; Doomsday Confirmed

I'll wait for more credible sources to confirm this. Devin Faracci like Latino Review are good when it comes to Marvel and other non-DC news. But their track record for BvS is pretty horrible, and I'm not even counting the "fake-script fiasco".

Man, the guy (Nolan) has one quasi bust and the creeps come crawling out of the wood work. Where was this twat when Inception came out? He must be angry Nolan hasn't adapted any of his other material.
His comments about Superhero films/books are exactly what smug pretentious literary types have been saying about the genre since it was just pulp.

I found his calling Nolan pretentious, while himself being quite pretentious about it quite humorous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back