• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movies BATGIRL Movie (Nearly Finished Film Scrapped by Warner Bros. Discovery)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as DC heroines go I'd like to see Zatanna get her own film. I love her shtick. Or maybe Black Canary.
87b7303d032a60b206abeb81a4a15c17--gotham-girls-dc-comic.jpg

And no, its not only because of the fishnet leggings that I want to see either on the big screen.
I agree with Zatanna.

Didnt

Not familiar with either or but if they know and can build a comic book cinematic universe from the ground, up. Im all in.
Bruce Timm and Paul Dini were the minds behind the DC animated universe which included shows like Batman the Animated Series, Superman the Animated Series, Justice League, and Justice League Unlimited.

They also handle a lot of the direct to DVD animated films that DC has produced over the last ten years, Some are good, some not so good.
I agree with Zatanna.
I think Zatanna would be a better choice too because of the magic motif but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be interested in a Black Canary film.

As far as DC heroines go I'd like to see Zatanna get her own film. I love her shtick. Or maybe Black Canary.

And no, its not only because of the fishnet leggings that I want to see either on the big screen.
Not the legs?

<YeahOKJen>

The amount of people taking this at face value is disappointing.

Spinnnnnn

Bruce Timm and Paul Dini were the minds behind the DC animated universe which included shows like Batman the Animated Series, Superman the Animated Series, Justice League, and Justice League Unlimited.

They also handle a lot of the direct to DVD animated films that DC has produced over the last ten years, Some are good, some not so good.

I think Zatanna would be a better choice too because of the magic motif but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be interested in a Black Canary film.

Ive mentioned several times if DCEU did scene for scene from there animated movies and shows. It would be on par if not more than MCU. So yea definately they shud have control of the DCEU

Ive mentioned several times if DCEU did scene for scene from there animated movies and shows. It would be on par if not more than MCU. So yea definately they shud have control of the DCEU
Timm and Dini showed with BTAS that they have a talent for adapting these characters. Some of their adaptations became the definitive versions of their characters(Mr.Freeze) and they also created Harley Quinn who would go on to become a DC fixture and even make it to the big screen in Suicide Squad(which unfortunately was shit).

I don't know if their experience in animation would translate to managing a cinematic universe but if so we could get some great content. Actually DC is releasing a Teen Titans Go movie so I wonder if DC should take a different approach and instead of yuge live action blockbusters instead focus on mid range animated films.

Timm and Dini showed with BTAS that they have a talent for adapting these characters. Some of their adaptations became the definitive versions of their characters(Mr.Freeze) and they also created Harley Quinn who would go on to become a DC fixture and even make it to the big screen in Suicide Squad(which unfortunately was shit).

I don't know if their experience in animation would translate to managing a cinematic universe but if so we could get some great content. Actually DC is releasing a Teen Titans Go movie so I wonder if DC should take a different approach and instead of yuge live action blockbusters instead focus on mid range animated films.

We can only hope it doesnt it doesnt get worse from here.

Tired of cgi, action invested, all visual type of movie

A Zatanna movie could be really fun. That's something I think the DC movies are dearly lacking.

Couldn't give a toss about Batgirl. Losing Whedon is a bad sign though since while a creeper whose style is not to everyone's taste, he is at least competent. DC needs competent right now.

Joss was probably let go by Warner Bros. due to the debacle that was Justice League. WB "fired" Snyder from JL and they put Joss to try to clean it up. It's unfortunate for Joss since he was the one who went to WB and pitched his idea of a Batgirl movie, which is the only reason why the project was even greenlit.

Now, Joss is in no man's land. He abandoned or had a falling out with Marvel Studios and now Warner Bros. booted him out of his own pet project. Don't worry, Joss, there's still Millarworld and Valiant Entertainment.

Justice-League-Comic-Con-2017-No-Joss-Whedon.jpg

According to Variety, The Batgirl movie was to be based on the Batgirl story that was first unveiled in DC Comics in 1967, when Barbara Gordon, the daughter of Gotham City police commissioner James Gordon, appeared as the character in “The Million Dollar Debut of Batgirl!” by writer Gardner Fox and artist Carmine Infantino.

Remember when we all joked that Warner Bros. approach to DC Films and how they greenlight projects is simple - whoever approaches them and pitches them the story will get the movie made (see list). Here's another example.

Roxanne is a novelist and wrote the comic book World of Wakanda.

Remember when we all joked that Warner Bros. approach to DC Films and how they greenlight projects is simple - whoever approaches them and pitches them the story will get the movie made (see list). Here's another example.

Roxanne is a novelist and wrote the comic book World of Wakanda.

maybe you should give it a go lol. this is hilarious tho that is all you have to do.

You need a little checkmark by your name. That's how Twitter knows you're legit.

I can photoshop one for you ....

Well, it's been fun, guys. I'm off to Hollywood and save (or reboot) the DCEU. I'll send you premiere tickets when the time comes.

ECLNwmZ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back