Basics of the gi

A

Antnymofo

Okay, guys. I think I am going to break down and start attending some gi classes, just so I can get more grappling time in. Here is the problem: I know very little about the grips. I have always done no-gi grappling and never learned the proper grips. I don't intend on using them THAT much. Only when necessary. As said before, my love is in no-gi grappling. This is just a necessary evil in enhancing my abilities overall. Thanks guys in advance.

you are not allowed to grab the inside of the jacket and pants.

i used to prefer nogi, now i have to push myself to train without the gi because it seems so limited

This will be a nogi vs gi thread soon enough.

lapels, arm and leg cuffs, knee material, tricep seams, belts, skirt tails/lapels, back collar, shoulder material

finger curl into fist, joystick, pistol, bow and arrow

two handed, one handed

etc.

The gi is useless because you'll never run into another guy wearing a gi. That's why you should all do nogi. Besides gi training is just another way for your trainers to make money. They make you buy their gis off them and then they sell you patches. It's a scam.

I just don't understand training no-gi at first and then transitioning to gi. Does not make the least bit of sense to me.

I just don't understand training no-gi at first and then transitioning to gi. Does not make the least bit of sense to me.

Me neither, you go nogi and you're safe for the streets. Really, when are you gonna find someone on the street in a gi?

Me neither, you go nogi and you're safe for the streets. Really, when are you gonna find someone on the street in a gi?

When that crazy scientist who the principal warned you about takes you on a magic car ride and boom flash of light when he hits 88 and suddenly you're driving thru feudal asia and see a pack of rice farmers running towards you in their dirty white kimonos trying to protect their paddies.

YOU BETTER HAVE SOME GI JITS OR YOUR FOKKED.

When that crazy scientist who the principal warned you about takes you on a magic car ride and boom flash of light when he hits 88 and suddenly you're driving thru feudal asia and see a pack of rice farmers running towards you in their dirty white kimonos trying to protect their paddies.

YOU BETTER HAVE SOME GI JITS OR YOUR FOKKED.

dude, shut up, I'm trolling. :icon_chee

You mad that the gi is useless?

no he's mad that you didn't even have the common decency to brush your teeth before your first date with him.

i mean c'mon he was going to introduce you to his parents.

no he's mad that you didn't even have the common decency to brush your teeth before your first date with him.

i mean c'mon he was going to introduce you to his parents.

I did have Tictacs, that should be enough...

Oh, you're just mad Eddie subbed Royler and is above the gracies. Jealousy sucks, eh?

I love Eddie Bravo and his crazy story.

Did you read his book when he tell the story about that crazy chicano BB which had a tatoo of Jesus on the cross wearing a gameness gi?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back