Basic Supliments

Bizz

cbjerrisgaard
Reaction score
Ok ok, I have read all the threads I can on supliments in this forum so now I have a question,

I am going to go buy some stuff tomorrow and right now this is what I am thinking about getting.

A good multi-vitiman
Flax oil or fish oil
Green Tea extract

Right now thats it.

I do not want to start taking protien powders or anything as I just don't feel the need at this point.

Remember that I am 6'3 280ish and have been working out and eating right for about two weeks, last week was my first set of Pankration classes (3X a week, mon-tue-thru for 1hr).

I work out in the mornings when I am not to sore or beat from Pankration as I do not want to hurt anything while I am in terrible shape, I will step this up as my conditioning gets better and the fat lessons.

I am interested in a.) energy b.) general better health and fat loss.

I eat 5 - 6 times a day, example would be - morning vector with skim milk, apple with almonds a few hours later, souvlaki (chicken or lamb) with greek salad and grapfruit juice at lunch, more fruit or veg at 3ish, chicken salad and salmon sashimi for dinner with lots of green tea / water during the day and LOTS of water on training nights.

Should those supliments be sufficent in helping me or should I consider other things as well?

so i guess your main goal is fat loss? throw in some protein supps. i doubt your getting 280g a day from whole foods.

get a good multi, fish oil, and a good whey to help meet your protein/pre,post wo

Tkdmmafighter said:
so i guess your main goal is fat loss? throw in some protein supps. i doubt your getting 280g a day from whole foods.

that sounds like way too much protein.. he wants to lose weight not gain right?... anyway.. look for psyllium husk or flaxseed fiber powders.. $5 for 2lbs of psyllium husk fiber at costco :wink:

yea i know, but what i meant is i dont think he is getting enough protein just from food

I went today and got a green tea extract, a very good multi and an omega-3 complex.

I am going to hold off on the protien for now, but if I do get some ill make sure its and iso (protien only, no carbs or fat)

Bizz said:
I went today and got a green tea extract, a very good multi and an omega-3 complex.

I am going to hold off on the protien for now, but if I do get some ill make sure its and iso (protien only, no carbs or fat)
carbs and fats are good for u.. u just need to get the 'right kinds'.. omega-3 fats and complex carbs.. taking fiber before a meal gives ur meal a lower GI rating.. so it's a good thing! :D

i'm sure u know about cheerios boasting that it 'may lower cholesterol'.. it's because of the fiber in it.. (although it doesn't have that much anyway).. psyllium husk is sooo much better..

Sounds like you have a pretty good plan. I wouldn't worry about adding a protein supplement unless you start seeing a decrease in strength. Even then don't go crazy with it. Don't lose too much too fast or you will be losing muscle as well.

CoachB40 said:
Sounds like you have a pretty good plan. I wouldn't worry about adding a protein supplement unless you start seeing a decrease in strength. Even then don't go crazy with it. Don't lose too much too fast or you will be losing muscle as well.

No diggity my brotha haha

Back