Basic Beginner Gi?

that is a bleached gi, its pretty hard to find an unbleached one anymore. get a bleached one, they look better anyways.

Well you are off to a good start with SSF, I'm sure Ron will be along later and give you some advice about what to get.

HCK bleeched Gi is what you should be looking at.

Unbleeched gis look crap frankly.

HCK natural is unbleached. Problem is that Howard and I are out until Dec. THe Adidas gi is avail in white for $55. But I'll sell it to you for the same price as the HCK since we are out of stock of the Howard gi.

www.SSFgear.com

The HCK unbleached is very good for the price. I bought one from SSF and it is VERY durable and well worth the $50. The tan color is kind of nice too, although it is not for everyone.

Since both SSF and HCK are out of stock, you may call HCK and ask for a list of dealers and you may be able to find one with them in stock.

SSF said:
HCK natural is unbleached. Problem is that Howard and I are out until Dec. THe Adidas gi is avail in white for $55. But I'll sell it to you for the same price as the HCK since we are out of stock of the Howard gi.

www.SSFgear.com

Hum. Sounds good to me. Anyone like the adidas gi? Again, i know really nothing about them, so thanks for the help

Their website is still up and running. It was a long ass time ago when I made my many purchases from them, but like I said, I checked that the site was still up before making the suggestion. What was it that supposedly happened to them?

E

Yeah the adidas one is nice especialy for that price..

Big $ gi's are no big deal...

ShadowNINku said:
are unbleached gi's allowd at comps?

I've seen them being used at comps.

My understanding is that the Adidas gi design is a rip off of the HCK and is made in the old factory where Howard used to have his gis made, so the quality is really nice.

www.SSFgear.com

SSF said:
I've seen them being used at comps.

My understanding is that the Adidas gi design is a rip off of the HCK and is made in the old factory where Howard used to have his gis made, so the quality is really nice.

www.SSFgear.com
I don't think so. I know Mizuno uses Howard's design but I don't think Adidas does.. I may be wrong though. I've seen people use addidas gi's that felt really weak.. and frail. Felt like a karate gi.

Adidas makes some of the best judo gi's out there... Tough as nails.. alot like the mizuno so.. i dunno sounds kind of like what ssf is talking about.

Maybe the jiu jitsu kimonos are made differently.

Gsoares2 said:
Adidas makes some of the best judo gi's out there... Tough as nails.. alot like the mizuno so.. i dunno sounds kind of like what ssf is talking about.

Maybe the jiu jitsu kimonos are made differently.
Yeah.. like I said I might be wrong. But the ones I've seen looked frail as hell and weak as fuck. But of course I'm comparing them to my precious HCK gi :wink:

Back