Bas' Sit down mount armbar

Big Red

Green Belt
Reaction score
I gave this a whirl yesterday & it worked well against a newbie & almost caught some guy who I train with regularly. I only call it Bas' because I saw it on one of his DVD instructionals. The sit down mount is exactly what it sounds. One leg at a time you pull your foot forward & get your thighs beneath their arms. From here, you have all your weight sat on their chest with your feet up past their head. Here you can switch to an armbar pretty easy. Just wondered if you guys use this or the sit down mount with other moves you could suggest.

I thought it would be easy to slide your leg behind their head & intentionally roll back to guard position to catch a triangle. I'll give this a shot next lesson.

I have also seen this technique, never tried it though. I

once u have both feet forward and ur butt pretty high up on their chest, grab there head and pull it in , puts a lot of stress on the back of their neck.

Cool man thanks I'll try it out. Some of my training partners won't have a clue what I'm doing.

If the person you are rolling with lets you invade the space below their armpits then they must be a newbie, therefore, this will probably work. Although, getting too high in the mount gives space for escaping out the back.

Anyone have it? I would like to see it. Most of Bas's techniques I have seen are comical but hey

I recall that it's in the Fighters notebook as the bully mount. I haven't seen Bas' DVDs but, if it's the same position, you stay in place by holding onto the guys head as if you were doing a can opener on them from the mount, but with your legs exteded forward, your knees under their armpits (or further forward) and your lower legs extended straight forward and out to the sides for base. It doesn't seem to be a very stable position, but it does seem to prompt the person on bottom to expose their arms and or neck in the process of getting out.

Decided to give this a shot last night, pulled it off against one of our fighters (huge Bas fan, he does a perfect bas jump after winning a fight.LOL).. I was suprised at how damn sweet the move is, especially since I usually perfer doing my armbars from backmount or sidecontrol.

i looked for a Bas' DVD thread but this was the best i could find and since i'm too lazy to make my own, here goes:

i wasnt to big on dvds for teaching technique, but the tony cecchine catch wrestling dvd's have helped me when i roll that i'm looking at other dvd sets. everyone says the bas dvd's are great, but they dont go into much specific details. if you have them, please share all you can and how you value the set.

Fight_Song said:
i looked for a Bas' DVD thread but this was the best i could find and since i'm too lazy to make my own, here goes:

i wasnt to big on dvds for teaching technique, but the tony cecchine catch wrestling dvd's have helped me when i roll that i'm looking at other dvd sets. everyone says the bas dvd's are great, but they dont go into much specific details. if you have them, please share all you can and how you value the set.

Don't hijack threads.

Soulfly said:
Don't hijack threads.
dear whitebelt, this thread is from 09-14-2005, 04:10 AM. it has run its course.

here at sherdog, we promote the use of the search funtion and recycling of threads over making new ones.

so.. please refrain from posting unless you feel your oppinions will contribute to the conversation at hand.

Back