Bas Rutten on JRE 2-18-2016

Episode was so damn good. I could listen to these two for hours.

Wait, I did. I mean... you know what I mean.

Last edited:
I know that I am in the very, very small minority, but I find Bas to be quite obnoxious and arrogant with his opinions.

Bas is one of my favourite mma personalities, I just watched it on YouTube myself, Bas is great at telling a story, he really commands a room, would love to have a night out on he piss with him.

Rogan said he thinks the Conor v RDA fight will do close to 2m PPV buys!

Was a good listen, hope Mauro gets well soon and they can reschedule quickly, they teased awesome Pride stories that I want to hear.

bas rutten was great. there was a time long ago when i would have said he was the #1 commentator for mma. since then, ive come to dislike some of his technical commentary, but i really love all the things he talked about during this podcast and he's just such a cool dude.

Can't wait to listen to it tomorrow.

First thing I did was click to 18:00 where Bas is describing watching Ronda on the mitts and saying she looked nearly perfect, very Tyson-like.

No thanks.

loved it. Bas is just such an entertaining guest. Almost all mma talk, too, which is all I want.

First thing I did was click to 18:00 where Bas is describing watching Ronda on the mitts and saying she looked nearly perfect, very Tyson-like.

No thanks.
he also made sure to say hitting a heavy bag well doesnt exactly translate to fighting like a pro boxer.

I know that I am in the very, very small minority, but I find Bas to be quite obnoxious and arrogant with his opinions.
Usually I agree with you but I think he was alright in this one. Haven't watched the whole thing yet though. I'm at 1hour.

man.. thanks for the heads up and youtube link.

Bas is a badass. Amazing episode.

Cliffs (still listening to it)

Bas was in awe of Ronda's striking after watching her open workout videos in Rio (Bethe fight). Said her striking was flawless (Rogan agreed).
Bas says oblique kicks to the tights/knees will eventually be outlawed once a fighter's legs snaps.
They talked about Bob Sapp being insanely popular in Japan (circa 2002) -- Bas told a funny story about Sapp being photographed by the Tokyo Post while leaving a massage parlor joint (I lol'd).
Bas talked about training/coaching Benji Radach -- says he has unreal KO power and if he was a little more disciplined Benji had the potential to beat prime Anderson Silva.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back