Barnett can beat Cain

Yea it's possible. Not because Barnett is that good, but more because Cain is not that good. The level of talent at HW has only gone up marginally since the Pride days and only at the very top.

Cain is a better wrestler with better cardio but Barnett is a better grappler. Striking is close to equal. Chin and experience goes to Barnett. I give Cain a 65-70% chance to win but that 30-35% means that Barnett wins 1 in 3.

I think Cain would have to take him down to win, I think it would be more dangerous for him to sprawl and brawl him. DC is a worse matchup for Barnett than Cain.

Sure, he can beat Cain. Just like he beat Cain's number one training partner, Daniel Cormier.

Well, at least it was close. Oh, wait...

I like the 0 thought or login that went into this guy's post. Good work, sir.

DC looked like absolutely crap against Murr, therefore Barnett will look like absolute crap against Murr.

Oh wait, he owned Murr in 1 round, to where DC looked like crap, beating him by a decision.

This is a fun game. I like it! Lets play more!

Do I really need to tell you that every fight is different? After all this time, you still don't get simple concepts like this?

Your post sounded decent until you said you can't see JDS beating Cain.

Yea it's possible. Not because Barnett is that good, but more because Cain is not that good. The level of talent at HW has only gone up marginally since the Pride days and only at the very top.

Cain is a better wrestler with better cardio but Barnett is a better grappler. Striking is close to equal. Chin and experience goes to Barnett. I give Cain a 65-70% chance to win but that 30-35% means that Barnett wins 1 in 3.

I think Cain would have to take him down to win, I think it would be more dangerous for him to sprawl and brawl him. DC is a worse matchup for Barnett than Cain.

I think Cain's speed would be Barnett's biggest problem to adjust to. I like how you put actual thought into your post, unlike people that are just mindless sheep that go "herp, derp 10/10 Cain wins" herp....

TS probably doesnt even know Josh fought DC

MMA Math is not applicable to the sport, as there are too many variables.

Michael Bisping beats Chris Leben
Wanderlei Silva beats Michael Bisping
Chris Leben beats Wanderlei Silva
Brian Stann beats Chris Leben
Michael Bisping beats Brian Stann
Wanderlei Silva beats Brian Stann

MMA Math is not applicable to the sport, as there are too many variables.

Michael Bisping beats Chris Leben
Wanderlei Silva beats Michael Bisping
Chris Leben beats Wanderlei Silva
Brian Stann beats Chris Leben
Michael Bisping beats Brian Stann
Wanderlei Silva beats Brian Stann

You could tell 75% of sherdog this a thousand times and they still wouldn't get it.

Barnett can't stop Cain's power double, especially in the later rounds. he COULD beat Cain, just not very likely. JDS is still Cain's primary threat.

He has the ability to beat Cain, but will he ever be given the opportunity to fight him for the title? I don't know.

I'm pretty sure Cain lights him up in the stand up.

striking: Velasquez
cardio: Velasquez
wrestling Velasquez
durability/chin: Barnett
submissions: Barnett

Velasquez by UD or TKO

Cain's scared face...

Cain-Velasquez-UFC-146-Pre_5062.jpg

Sure he can. But probably wont

-Chin: Josh, Josh has only been KOed once against Rizzo back in the day, when he lost to Crocop (3) he tapped because his eye was damaged.
Cain has been wobbled quite a few times.

So which one is it you numbnuts.

koed or wobbled.

Barnett will have to go through Werdum and or JDS/Cain loser before he gets a title shot. Not sure Dana wants Barnett as champ.

Wasn't Barnett severely hurt going into the DC fight and still toughed it out? :rolleyes:

fucking joke. cain destroys barnett 10 out of 10.

I beg to differ. I said the same thing as TS after this past weekend. Been watching Barnett for years and I think he has an easier time with Cain than JDS. He struggled against CroCop (a striker) but was able to hang with just about all the grapplers. He nullifies and wrestling ability of Cain. Not to say Cain can't win, but Barnett gives him a legit challenge. I say barnett wins 7/10 ???????

I wouldn't count out Barnett, Barnett is a tough match up for anyone. It is sad though that he is legit now all of a sudden because he beat Mir Lol, UFC fans.

Werdum is currently the best matchup against Cain (excluding Cormier) and even then I wouldn't favor him.

Back