Bareknuckle boxing

joey gerbils

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Where are all these bare knuckle guys coming from? Besides the ex mma guys...

Are there bareknuckle gyms? A lot of these dudes look like they came right outta the joint. They also tend to skew on the older side

Is there money in this? Is this for older fighters who can no longer be competitive in mma?

Low level guys make 3-5k per fight. They hold “try outs” in the Midwest and Florida a lot. I’ve seen a fair mix of boxers and mma guys on cards.

Athletes train at boxing or mma gyms primarily. Big gloves for pad work, bag work and sparring but as you get closer to the fight you switch to puffies. There’s a lot of stuff you can do to help reinforce/condition/strengthen your hands and wrists and you’ll see gym time spent doing that as well

I dont think people with options choose bare knuckle over other kinds of fighting. So you just have mostly bums and hasbeens from other sports chasing a payday.

I dont think people with options choose bare knuckle over other kinds of fighting. So you just have mostly bums and hasbeens from other sports chasing a payday.
Depends from $ offered IMHO.

Also very interesting is how refs are judging such fights?
If some stuff from standup wrestling and dirtybox allowed together with excessive holding then ....it might be different game.
Easier to grab opponent, to hold grip etc and ..........

$ offered will tell outcome IMHO.

Boxers and kickboxers are dominating bare knuckles when ive watched it like a nerd 1 or maybe 2 years ago but you wont really see the top guys there ... at least boxers. They already have bad hands by the end of their career.

Ken Shamrock's Valor Bare Knuckle promotion is streaming free at 7pm ET on http://ValorBK.com/watch. Just have to register a free account. They use a YAMMA-like surface with no ropes.

Ken Shamrock's Valor Bare Knuckle promotion is streaming free at 7pm ET on http://ValorBK.com/watch. Just have to register a free account. They use a YAMMA-like surface with no ropes.

so many promos and the best ones are non american ones which means no stars and this means no chance of ever making it to mainstream level

<2>
Bareknuckle used to be my fav combat sport 1-2 years ago but im more a fan of special guys right now thats why i stick to boxing

F9ceZLVXcAAqk3R.jpeg
so many promos and the best ones are non american ones which means no stars and this means no chance of ever making it to mainstream level

<2>
Bareknuckle used to be my fav combat sport 1-2 years ago but im more a fan of special guys right now thats why i stick to boxing
Valor Bare Knuckle promotion only their 2nd event first was just before Covid, they managed to come back. Worth a look.
VBK 2: Travis Wiuff vs. Lavar Johnson: Live stream

Back