Barboza's fight with Pearson vs Diego's

Dontevenguess93

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I know many of you thought Pearson earned the nod against Barboza. It was a razor thin fight but as for this fight this is a straight up robbery. At least you can argue Barboza landed the harder shots and scored a knockdown on Pearson having never been in trouble himself. Also, Pearson attempted and failed 7 takedowns against Barboza after big shots which IMO could show the judges he didn't execute as well as he wanted to.

But Pearson got majorly screwed against Sanchez

What do you guys think of both fights side by side? How did they differ or are they the same to you?

Last edited:
I think Barboza edged out the decision with Pearson but this fight was as clear as a robbery can get. For all you retards justifying the decision because Pearson didn't do a lot, Diego did practically nothing, He was not the aggressor like you guys are saying and Pearson wasn't on his bicycle for the whole fight. They were both moving forward and backwards and Pearson landed more strikes, landed more signicifant strikes, his strikes were more effective(dropped and rocked diego), he even landed a takedown.

Barboza vs. Pearson. As i remember, fisrt eound was close, Barboza may land more shots.
2nd round is clear Barboza, i knock him down in that round. 3rd was for Pearson, think i landed more i was more agresive.

Diego vs. Pearson. That was a completely joke.

I know many of you thought Pearson earned the nod against Barboza. It was a razor thin fight but as for this fight this is a straight up robbery. At least you can argue Barboza landed the harder shots and scored a knockdown on Pearson having never been in trouble himself. Also, Pearson attempted and failed 7 takedowns against Barboza after big shots which IMO could show the judges he didn't execute as well as he wanted to.

But Pearson got majorly screwed against Sanchez

What do you guys think of both fights side by side? How did they differ or are they the same to you?

I've watched it more than once, but even then I'm not sure who won. I remember Ross checked almost all of Barboza's low kicks. Pretty intriguing and exciting match between two very good strikers.

There's no way to compare both fights. One of them could have legitatemely gone either way, the other was a straight-up robbery. It's one of those occasions when (along with CB Dollaway vs Tim Boetsch) the word "robbery" should be used without any fear. The judge who scored it 30-27 Sanchez should be investigated because it is an obvious sign of corruption.

I'm not sure why people are so sure the UFC is immune to fight fixing. It doesn't mean the UFC management (Dana, Fertittas) are pulling the strings. They obviously aren't that stupid. Still, there are many other ways shady stuff can happen and that decision is one of them.

I think Pearson won the Barboza fight, but by a thin margin. It was close but I think see could've got the W

I agree with you, TS.
There was a bigger robbery in the Berlim card though. I don't remember which fight.

Back